Hi, I'm new.

Options
I've been awake all night just thinking (that's a bad thing usually), and I decided to make a video of myself on my laptop showing to myself what what I don't like. Like, my hair, weight, arm fat, belly fat, ect. =/ I re-watched it and Idk... I don't know wut to do about it. I found this site and here I am. I'll try this out. But I'll only lose 7.5 pounds by July 1st based on what I wrote down xD And that's with like 30 min a day every day. :/ I guess that's not very much...... Anyways, Hi. I hope I can make some friends here to keep me from ditching this attempt. Nice to meet you. I hope I can do this. 7.5 pounds aint bad. It's better than gaining. (For me anyways)

Replies

• FItThembie
    FItThembie Posts: 5
    Options
    hi sapphire. I will definitely be someone to support me, i am also on a new weight loss journey and i'd like some support from people too. #wecandothis
  • SapphireTama
    Options
    ^^ Alright, well let's do this together then. I'll pop by daily and find a spot to type once I figure out how this forum thing works. Nice to meet you thembiedunjan, there a short nickname to call you bye? xP
  • KudosH3
    KudosH3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey! often those nights left thinking are the worse aha, but it's brought you to a great place! I'm pretty new here but already feel loads better, everyone is here to support each other and give tips etc.. And with regards to how fast we can lose so much, I really wish it would happen over night but it just doesn't aha, 7.5 is still a good difference in weight, but if it's about losing the inches to fit into a smaller dress size (which is what I want), I find measuring my body parts is what keeps me most motivated :) anyway, good luck! And feel free to add me!
  • FItThembie
    FItThembie Posts: 5
    Options
    Just call me Thembie. my user name combined both my name and surname. I'm from South Africa and im really happy to be communicating with people on a similar journey from all around the world!
  • AnumSattar
    AnumSattar Posts: 13
    Options
    I am also new.. :)
  • bettermarz
    bettermarz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Sapphire,
    You have found a lovely place, a great community of helpful positive people.
    I totally get what you wrote on your wall about not wanting to tell people that you're trying to loose weight, it's tricky and scary.
    Well here you can have friends that are in the same boat and just want to help you meet your goals.
    I will send you a friend request, I look forward to helping you get started.
  • greentray
    greentray Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFT, met some great people on here so far, the motivation and encouragement off everyone is second to none. Your welcome to add me as a friend, i log in everyday, even if its been a bad day. Good luck on your journey :-)
  • marianvandalenanderson
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies...I'm new again. Good for you! Way to take charge to make changes for a healthier you! After a few days I suspect you will have more energy and feel the urge to up that 30 min of exercise!
    Remember that sleep is just as important as exercise and good food choices when working to be healthier.
    Have a great day!:smile:
  • 86sarahb
    86sarahb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm not new but I do log daily and keep an open diary for food ideas. Feel free to add me. :drinker: