Help!

Options
Hi There, so im really fed up as turn 30 on 20.6.14 and hate hate hate the wsy i look and feel about myself!

I know its only me that can do something about it so im going to stick to my fitness and was thining of diong Zumba 2-3 times a week as well as power walking? I hate the gym so fgured if i do things i like might help me stick to it.

Has anyone had any success with similar excercise?

Gem xxx

Replies

• bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Anything beats not moving off the couch.
  • gems1313
    gems1313 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    so true..

Well done on the weight loss!

Gem :)
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Yes, the most important thing is to find something that you love to do - so that you will keep doing it. It's important to being healthy. I keep my base weight lifting routine the same, but change up the cardio to suit the mood I'm in that week.

Remember, you can never outrun your diet. Make sure you are meeting your calories and meeting your macros (protein, fats, carbs). The link below has some awesome information and additional links that can help you fine tune your plan.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Sounds good :smile:
    Find any exercise that you really enjoy!

But remember that losing weight is 20% exercise and 80% food. So have a look at your calories make sure you measure everything that you eat and log it.

Here are some helpful links:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants&page=8#posts-19787394

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • gems1313
    Options
    Thank you so much guys, yeah.. im going to stick to th calories and keep an eye on my stats.

Was thinking i might get a heart rate monitor too just so i can make sure its doing some good.

Will take a look at the links now too.

xxx:flowerforyou:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with finding something you love to do. I've washed out on soooo many gym memberships but fell in love with Taekwondo and now I actually do other exercise just to build my stamina and strength for it :)
  • gems1313
    Options
    Same on the gym thing! Zumba i really enjoy, and walking so i will start with these and go from there i think.

Well done on the 8kg! Awesome! :) xx
  • steviebe75
    steviebe75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated as it is hard to begin with so set small targets which are achievable rather than say 1 have 20lb or 40lb etc. to lose I always find setting targets of 7lb increments. I have fell off the training wagon lately but just motivating myself to get back into it. Walking was my saviour as I lost most of my weight doing that then began to jog a little and eventually ended up doing a half marathon last Sept when I had lost 40lbs but since then I have gained 11 back so as I said I am re-motivated as have another half marathon again in Sept. Keep positive and you will get to where you want to be.
  • gems1313
    Options
    Thanks Steve, and will do!

Well done on the weight loss that fab, and really good to hear you did it by walking to start with!

Will be sure to keep you updated too.

Gem
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Most of my exercise has been through walking (both with and without the dogs), lately I have started to use weights (dumbbells) at home. I'm a person who likes to do things by herself so the gym doesn't appeal. It may take me longer to tone up my way but at least I know I'll stick with it :)
    Most important bit for me was getting my eating under control. I find being able to keep track of my calories has really helped :)
  • gems1313
    Options
    thank you! and wow 44lbs! im determined to stick to it this time!

Good luck with the lsat few lbs too!

Gem :)