Looking for Venus Factor Friends

Options
I just started the Venus Factor on Saturday and I'm looking for for fellow MFPers on the same program for moral support etc. Hope to meet some new friends :)

Replies

• Mrs_Zagyi
    Options
    Hey there! I just started the Venus Factor too (this morning...), and I'm very hopeful that this is a plan I can stick to! Seems simple enough, but I'm more worried about the exercise than anything. I have a back injury, and the extra weight doesn't seem to help :grumble:

I've decided that we should be friends, and help support one another. I have about 60lbs I want to shed, so I'll be here with you the whole time!
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yes - right here!! :)
  • Staceyandkids
    Options
    I JUST signed up! Excited to see the results.
  • sanchezgurl29
    sanchezgurl29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me I'm looking to start the venus factor. Where do u start or get info. Anything can help
  • liyaviz
    liyaviz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! I think there are a handful of posts on here regarding it, but I could certainly use some accountability friends!
  • heatherharger1
    heatherharger1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting my Venus Factor today as well, help to stay on track would be helpful to me
  • liyaviz
    Options
    Can someone help me I'm looking to start the venus factor. Where do u start or get info. Anything can help
    There's so much out there, even here in MFP. Basically, you pay... (I can't remember already, Less than $50. Maybe $34?) And you receive the guidelines for the 12 week program, including a pdf for an exercise guide. The pdf has links to videos if you need help with the moves. For the first week at least you exercise 3 times a week with a handful of moves and reps. I haven't started yet, but as I understand it it should equal about an hour of exercise a week. Calories are limited, but that's all driven by your measurements, the "Virtual Nutritionist" will set your amounts. It changes each week as you lose weight and your measurements change. There are 6 days of "deficit" eating, and then 1 day where you eat up. I am actually doing Whole30 along with this, but they have meal planning guides as well that I didn't purchase. That's all that I've got for now, I will start the work out plan today!
  • lilandra22
    Options

There's a pretty good overview here: http://www.dietdabbler.com/venus-factor-system/
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The Venus Factor looks great but I'm curious why you would want to spend money for something you can do for free on MFP? It is simply calorie deficit plus exercise.
  • liyaviz
    Options
    For me at least I like the structure of a pre-planned work out. I try to fit 3 mini sessions into my work day, so having the structure is beneficial. It wasn't really expensive, $34 (or so) is worth the guidance, personally.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    For me at least I like the structure of a pre-planned work out. I try to fit 3 mini sessions into my work day, so having the structure is beneficial. It wasn't really expensive, $34 (or so) is worth the guidance, personally.

Needing the structure at least makes sense to me. Thank you for realizing I wasn't trying to be negative or combative. I really was just curious :happy:
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the Venus Factor yesterday.... haven't had the time to read the whole program yet. I need to lose about 55 pounds and looking for a bit of structure as well.

Has anyone else purchased the supplement they recommend?
  • SuziYoung
    SuziYoung Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Venus factor. It includes meal plans and a structured workout program which i need as well.
    I have only just finished reading it and took the measurement ratio's that are mentioned. have not been doing any exercise and believe workout program is easy to do at home.

I need to loose 8-10kgs.

I am going to make a point of not breaking the fast overnight until i have done the 12hours, and without starting the program officially, just this little trick seems to have helped me control the amount of food i eat in a day.

I think i can do 1200 calories, but it is only the beginning....lets wait and see my follow up posts
  • hayleyquin
    hayleyquin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Hayley. Just wanted to say that I am using the Venus Factor and I find it very useful. I’ve lost 11 pounds in 7 weeks. When I first started out, I quickly lost weight until after a couple of weeks I think my body started to adjust to the healthier food and Venus Factor workouts. I then gained a couple of pounds which I was told was normal as I was becoming more toned and muscle weighs more than fat. After about four weeks I started to lose weight again but at a slower rate. The Venus Factor takes this into account by adjusting your diet. It's called undulating metabolic overdrive! What that means is that the diet is designed to stop your metabolism adjusting to your new regime and slowing down. It must be working as friends and colleagues say I look great and I definitely feel more confident. It only cost $47 and that includes lifetime membership of their community which is worth the money alone. I have made quite a few friends there and get some great advice as well. You also get an extensive library of exercises on video and information about dieting. By the way I found information about the Venus Factor on the medical website Webmd.com and simply searched for Venus Factor in their Diet Community. In summary, I am using the program and I really like it and it works for me.
  • hayleyquin
    Options
    Hi Hayley here! Thanks everyone for the kind replies. I couple of you ladies asked me where I purchased the Venus Factor from. I was recommended the review site ebooksfitness.com which specializes in diet reviews and they actually replied to all my questions and sent me examples of the workouts and meal plans. That gave me the confidence to purchase the program from them. Most of the sites I found were just links to the Venus Factor infomercial or reviews in really poor English! Getting the program was simple. I was able to instantly download everything including manuals and videos and you are given a membership page with a unique number that allows you to become a member of the community. This is a lifetime membership and though they try to offer you more products you can ignore that as well as there is an option on your membership page to stop receiving emails from them. By the way, I've already met a few friends from the Venus community where we support and motivate each other and we're going to meet up at the Wizard World Comic con in Philly next month. I'm going to get a photo of myself and Norman Reedus there. Another reason I want to lose weight!!! I love the 'Walking Dead'. Can't wait till series 5! :happy:
  • nvrgvup12
    nvrgvup12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am looking into this program as well. I am most concerned about the meal plan. I am a relatively picky eater. Can anyone out there give me some feedback regarding the meal plan? (i.e: flexibility, substitutions, etc).
  • hayleyquin
    Options
    Yes there is a lot of flexibility with the Venus Factor diet. The Venus Factor calculates your calorie needs and provides examples of meal plans according to those needs. You are permitted to exchange any item for a similar one of roughly the same amount of calories and protein content. Steak for chicken for example. There are variations in calorie consumption so on some days you eat more, therefore stopping your body adapting and slowing down its metabolism. A slow metabolism is exactly what you don’t want! By the way, I got this information from www.ebooksfitness.com The lady who manages this website is a senior member of the Venus Factor Community. They help new members like myself who are new to the Venus Factor.

I'll also list a few of the foods from my meal plan. Breakfast - Coffee, 1 large egg with 3 rashers Canadian bacon
    Lunch - tortilla with ground turkey, lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheddar cheese, salsa, apple and low sugar chocolate pudding cup
    Snack - Greek yogurt with orange slices
    Dinner - Chicken with vegetables, slice sourdough bread grilled with cheese
    Snack - Oatmeal cookie and nuts

Hope this helps.
  • amreadarrens
    amreadarrens Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also in the venus Factor Community. I am still in the midst of my journey but I can see the progress. I really love it. There are people who are support system that will motivate me. Venus Factor did help me lose weight. And not only that it also answer my question why I gained weight which is useful and helpful to me.
    See my progress here
    merryj47.wordpress.com
    they have also their new presentation here. I still don't know if they have some other but this is the link I used when I decided to be a part of them

http://bit.ly/1ocaNoB
  • kluckdup
    kluckdup Posts: 1
    Options
    what about for people who are not very good with veggies and fruits... what's the program like for them?
  • amreadarrens
    amreadarrens Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    AS for me... This is based in what I experienced in the community. They don't have "restricted" sign of the food you want and it does not really required you to eat foods that you don't want. It just guide you how to control in the right amount of your fave foods. Because "too much" is not good :)