Modeling? Photographer? ..

Options
kaylerrz
kaylerrz Posts: 77 Member
i still have some weight to lose but was just wondering if i had a chance at being a model? or photographer? looking for honest opinions. All pictures are taken by me. If anyone has any photography tips or advice, please share. :)

97dca617-17fd-41cf-b381-dd16e1ca558e_zps242a1eae.jpg?t=1400663314

24644f3c-2ca2-4067-ae67-b5c6df8db7b6_zpsee0d84b1.jpg?t=1400663432

1h3uqu_zpsb4f9067c.jpg

28ugtq8_zpsf174130b.jpg

Replies

• firfeous
    firfeous Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm having a little deja vu here....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

i was just thinking exactly the same thing...
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Learn about lighting.
    Upgrade your gear.
    Graduate from doing mirrored images in photoshop.
    Then practice some more composition.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Can't see your pics
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    Do you really want to be a model, living in an environment where laxatives are shoved down your throat while nothing else is allowed down it?

Unless you're looking to do plus size (normal size) modeling, in which case you definitely are gorgeous. Your shots are nice but the editing makes it look a little cheesy, not trying to be mean, just expressing my opinion.
  • the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Do you really want to be a model, living in an environment where laxatives are shoved down your throat while nothing else is allowed down it?

Unless you're looking to do plus size (normal size) modeling, in which case you definitely are gorgeous. Your shots are nice but the editing makes it look a little cheesy, not trying to be mean, just expressing my opinion.

Some tough love here. I agree with this.

A lot of things SEEM glamorous from the outside but modeling (unless youre one of the elite) is a low paying, exploitative industry full of scumbags and (often) peddlers of unhealthy habits. It objectifies people and destroys self image.

Photography, similarly, is another example of an over-glamorized industry. For most people, it pays next to nothing (look up how much White House photographers make). It requires long hours and dealing with incredibly difficult personalities.

The average pay for a photographer in the US is ~$13.4 per hour... thats only marginally better than minimum wage in most states...
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Learn about lighting.
    Upgrade your gear.
    Graduate from doing mirrored images in photoshop.
    Then practice some more composition.

Agreeing with this quote here. Also the big watermark is a little off-putting. Although it is good practice to include a watermark it shouldn't take up more than half the photograph, I'd need to see your photos properly before making good judgement.

Photography is a tough job to land. I'm currently doing a degree in photography and the industry isn't all it's cracked up to be.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Learn to master the art of photography. Always use manual mode. Take photos of people, place or things. Use your equipment. A snapshot is a snapshot, but a photographer does more than just snap photos. Good luck.

(I'm not even going to comment on modeling since I don't really know anything about the industry except that most are skinny abnormally tall and beautiful and not common folk like me).