Curves with Jillian Michaels

Options
I have started doing the Curves Circuit workout with Jillian Michaels. Absolutely LOVE it but I would like to find out about how many calories it burns vs the regular workout. I know this is based upon body weight and my normal Curves workout is said to be around 176. Just curious how much more the new workout burns. It's pretty intense.

Replies

• Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting a HRM to track your calorie burn:)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,070 Member
    Options
    Good question. I'd like to know the same. It must burn more, especially if you do the unmodified version of the exercises. However, I'm not sure how much more (probably less than I'd expect).
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Depends on the JM workout and person's weight doing the workout. You may want to invest in a heart rate monitor. I got a polar off of amazon for $60!
  • bettyp304
    bettyp304 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
  • Rhondynamite
    Options
    This is my question exactly! I am doing two curves circuits with the full Jullian workout and I LOVE it! But I want to have a good idea of how many calories I am burning each time. I can't just guess but I also can't afford to get a heart rate monitor right now. Does anyone else have an average of how much they are burning with this workout?
  • lblair31374
    Options
    I'd love to know as well so I can log it correctly. An HRM is on my short wish list, but not feasible right now.
  • battgurl
    battgurl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just learnt from the fab staff at my curves that on average you burn 9 calories a minute doing Jillian's workout, 8 calories doing Zumba for curves and 8 calories for curves smart. Keep in mind that they are all different types of workouts. Jillian's muscle conditioning may show up in loss of inches not pounds, where as zumba may be the opposite - cardio burns fat.

I'm happy if my exercise calories journaled are fewer than what I actually burn. This way I won't eat them all.