Ladies around 40, 5'3", 160#'?

Options
I am always on/off the wagon with my healthy lifestyle and with logging MFP. I would love to get down 15-20 lbs. Now that I'm 40 I'm finding it more difficult to get back on the wagon. I do a lot of kickboxing and recently did a couch to 5k program. Even though it's hard someday's to get motivated to workout, I actually do like it and love how I feel after. My main struggle is my eating. I think I need to contact a personal trainer for a meal plan. :(

Anyone relate?

Replies

• frankiep73
    frankiep73 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and at a number I'm not happy with. Turned 40 last year and I cannot for the life of me lose my belly weight! My butt and thighs are getting thinner but I cannot get the belly shrunk. When I eat or drink, that is 100% of the time where it lands. My sister who is 2 years old agrees that 40 stuck us in the mud for weight maintenance.

The only thing she tells me is to be consistent and know while we are not dropping weight, we are being healthy.
  • wendybboyd
    wendybboyd Posts: 2
    Options
    I just fired up MFP today - again! I will be 42 in a few months (and it is harder to get weight off after 40!!) - I have 2 fur kids, a husband and I eat too much fast food, stopped exercise and love my drinks when i get home, that all adds up to out of control disaster! I need to lose about 30lbs & trying to find motivation again!!
  • tenacioust2014
    Options
    Hi Kristina
    I can relate. I turned 50 and have a low back injury. So, I can't do much of what I used to. Trying to lose weight with limited exercise is tough. Being over 50 seems to make it next to impossible. I am hoping this forum will be enough encouragement to help keep me on track. I have struggle with the extra 25 lbs my entire life. I really want to be thinner, happy and healthy for once.
  • kristinamarie40
    kristinamarie40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It's nice to know others can relate to my struggles. It's funny how when you're younger "they" say it's more difficult to maintain your weight when you're older and we didn't believe it, lol.

I am determined to lead a healthy lifestyle and hope to improve everyday and am here to offer my support. :flowerforyou:
  • wendybboyd
    wendybboyd Posts: 2
    Options
    I wish I was as skinny as I was back when I thought I was fat! :wink: I tell everyone to get the weight off while you are YOUNG - This is not fun! LOL!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I'm so there with you. I'm 44, 5' 1", and have about 15 lbs to lose and believe me they are the hardest to lose. I feel like within one year, my metabolism has drastically slowed down. I've been pretty active the last 2 months, working out 5x a week with cardio and weight training. Now if I can only get my eating in control.
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and 5'2 and having a heck of a time dropping the weight :( I am at 158 lbs but would like to get down to 130 if I could. I will have to get my butt in gear and try harder I guess. If only I was 25 again lol