Dents appearing on stomach

Options
Ever since I severely injured my ankle, I've been doing 45 minutes of intense anaerobic exercise. I noticed that I am getting these little "dents" or "folds" on my stomach. Is that a result of toning or something else? Also, when I look at myself in the mirror from afar, I have a pretty nice body but up close, I still look fat. I have lost a couple of pounds. Anyone experience that?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    not sure about a dent or fold- could possible be definition coming through?

Sounds like you need weight training if you are only doing cardio work and dropping body fat and potential muscle mass.
  • RideRunRepeat
    RideRunRepeat Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you are saying because the exact same thing happened to me when I started t25...subbing...not sure what it is??

I just like to think it is my awesome ab muscles coming through!! :D
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you meaan - I am still overweight, but if I stand up straight I can see what looks like a six pack hiding under my flab, lol. I do ab exercises though because core strength is so important even if its hiding under the weight :-D
  • Drdmike
    Drdmike Posts: 66
    Options

Sounds like you need weight training if you are only doing cardio work and dropping body fat and potential muscle mass.

I don't do any cardio. I used to only do cardio until I jacked up my ankle so I've been exclusively doing HITT.
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Picture is needed for this to make any kind of sense
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I don't do any cardio. I used to only do cardio until I jacked up my ankle so I've been exclusively doing HITT.

um.

no.
    I've been doing 45 minutes of intense anaerobic exercise.
    you've been doing cardio.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia with thrombosis? Or do you mean HIIT, high intensity interval training, which is basically cardio.

ETA a picture would be helpful, because dents and folds are two different things.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight and working out regularly, I noticed the same thing. If I stand up straight, suck it in and tense it up, I've got the beginnings a 6 pack!!! But no. Well, maybe, but I'm pretty sure it's a wrinkle.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Came back for pics. Still nothin'.
  • RideRunRepeat
    RideRunRepeat Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bumping up! I'll post pics if no one else will...
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

um.

no.
    I've been doing 45 minutes of intense anaerobic exercise.
    you've been doing cardio.

That's AN-aerobic exercise no aerobic exercise, so it's not cardio.

Would be helpful if the OP was to define what they mean by anaerobic exercise though?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    That's AN-aerobic exercise no aerobic exercise, so it's not cardio.

Would be helpful if the OP was to define what they mean by anaerobic exercise though?

I'm somewhat sceptical of the idea of someone who does no work on an anaerobic base being able to do 45 minutes of anarobic work.

Notwithstanding that, going back to the original point, it may be that as weight is coming off there is some definition starting to appear.

The amount of tripe about only resistance work being any good for bodyfat percentage leads to a lot of confusion on here as it's entirely feasible to reduce bf% through predominantly CV work, as long as it's at an appropriate level to support the muscle development.
  • yogicarl
    Options
    I'm somewhat sceptical of the idea of someone who does no work on an anaerobic base being able to do 45 minutes of anarobic work.

Sorry - now I'm confused - where does it say that the OP is not working on an anaerobic base? The initial post says they are doing 45 minutes of anaerobic work.

It would still be useful to know what that anaerobic work is though. It could be anything from weights to bodyweight to sprints or anything where the demand for oxygen is outstripped. OP?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Sorry - now I'm confused - where does it say that the OP is not working on an anaerobic base? The initial post says they are doing 45 minutes of anaerobic work.

Subsequently says that he doesn't do any cardio...
  • yogicarl
    Options
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Loose skin from fat loss can cause a puckery look to the waist area.