What to do when you don't want to eat

Options
So I went from 93lbs to 120lbs in 9 months but lately my stomach has been hungry but I'm just sick of eating I'm an ectomorph what can I do to stop this I've already dropped 5lbs but need help how can I eat when I don't feel like eating but need to?

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    eat more calorie dense food? You won't feel as full, but you'll still get the cals you need.

honestly, though, to get better help, you should open your food diary.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    oreos +ice cream
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    If you just don't feel like eating perhaps you could drink some good healthy calories. I tend to do that at time when I just don't care about actually eating. I'll mix up half a banana, skim milk (1 cup), peanut butter (1-2 tbsp) and chocolate slim fast powder (1 scoop) with a couple of ice cubes in a blender and drink away. You'll get a good dose of protein, fats, sugars and some fiber not to mention it jumps the calories up quite a bit.
    You can do vanilla powder or carnation instant breakfast with frozen berries and milk too if you prefer. I'm not a big advocate of powders and suppliments but they do help when eating just doesn't appeal at all.

Good luck to you!
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Dietary Fiber.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    If you just don't feel like eating perhaps you could drink some good healthy calories. I tend to do that at time when I just don't care about actually eating. I'll mix up half a banana, skim milk (1 cup), peanut butter (1-2 tbsp) and chocolate slim fast powder (1 scoop) with a couple of ice cubes in a blender and drink away. You'll get a good dose of protein, fats, sugars and some fiber not to mention it jumps the calories up quite a bit.
    You can do vanilla powder or carnation instant breakfast with frozen berries and milk too if you prefer. I'm not a big advocate of powders and suppliments but they do help when eating just doesn't appeal at all.

Good luck to you!

2% or full milk.

no sense cheating yourself out of extra calories and proteins!!!!
  • rog1121
    rog1121 Posts: 1
    Options
    Shakes with Whipping cream.

Here's a 920 cal that tastes amazing:

* 1 cup whole milk
    * 1 cup orange juice
    * 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
    * 2 scoops whey protein
  • Fitnessman168
    Fitnessman168 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No thanks in the orange juice can I just replace it with something else besides orange juice
  • JoRocka
    Options

* 1 cup whole milk
    * 1 cup orange juice
    * 2 scoops whey protein

omg that sounds amazing- like a delicious orange julious!!!!

must.not.try!!!!
    No thanks in the orange juice can I just replace it with something else besides orange juice

no- you cannot.
    Gordon Ramsey will come into your kitchen and smack you around if you do- probably throw your blender on the floor as well.
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    BEER ME!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    oreos +ice cream
    + mini reese's cups
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

* 1 cup whole milk
    * 1 cup orange juice
    * 2 scoops whey protein

omg that sounds amazing- like a delicious orange julious!!!!

must.not.try!!!!

no- you cannot.
    Gordon Ramsey will come into your kitchen and smack you around if you do- probably throw your blender on the floor as well.

This does sound amazing...

Maybe while Gordon is doing that he'll offer to force feed you too.

But on a more serious note - add in caloric dense foods whenever you can. Scoop of nut butter/oil into smoothies, etc.
  • mRoss27
    mRoss27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Its one of those things that is as challenging to some people as avoiding junk food is to people trying to lose weight. It isnt always easy, but you have to grind thru it. Consider a quality mass gainer (not one filled with sugary junk carbs) because they are calorically dense for a relatively low volume. Try waking up earlier to get more food in. Try eating consistently throughout the day so you dont get the overly stuffed feeling that makes you not want to eat for the rest of the day. I spent several months eating food as a chore because I was never hungry but was bulking. Just gotta stick it out.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    *Start adding milk and bread to your meals.

*Eat all the ice cream!
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Same problem. I just consumed 2 scoops protein shake and a icecream sandwich. 400 cals. 30/50/7 cpf ratio. <-- winning.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    I don't want to eat 90% of the time, I still do.

Make a shake. Eating 5000 calories a day, I'm usually full as hell going into my meals.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I don't want to eat 90% of the time, I still do.

Make a shake. Eating 5000 calories a day, I'm usually full as hell going into my meals.

God bless you my child- that's a boat load of food.

LOL
    I feel like 3500 was a lot for me- which is probably where I'll be headed next winter for my bulk depending on my cut this summer. And yeah- it sucks not being hungry and needing to eat.

All hail the high calorie food!!!
  • ceedotlove
    ceedotlove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ensure Plus or smoothies are good to have when you feel like you can't eat
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and nuts/trail mix. Both are easy to eat and loaded with calories.
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    easy. Drink your calories
    or have 1-3 Handful of nuts.

Nuts are good fats so almonds or pistashios
    1 handful = 300calories, fats are very high caloric profiles