6 week Bodymakeover

Options
Hello,
My name is Margarete I joined MyFitnesspal about year 1.5 ago and I think it is a great food tracker to lose weight. I had some medical issues that prevented for working out and saying motivated, but I am ready to get started again. Tomorrow is day 1 of me starting the 6 week body makeover food plan. I will let everyone know how it's going I am looking forward to reading others weight lost stories and weight lost journey :smile:

Replies

• chrysanthe1950
    Options
    How is it going? I'll be starting the plan next week. Just waiting for it in the mail. In the mean time I snagged a copy of the 6 day mini makeover off the internet and have been following that to a degree.
  • MandaLP
    MandaLP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hopefully you will both receive notification of this post. I just started the 6WBMO challenge today. I did it back in 2011 and the results were fantastic. However, I only did it for three weeks and accomplished how I wanted to look for my 30th. Now...I need to go back on it because within two years I gained what I lost then back :cry: It's all good though lol Just wanted to check in and see how you both did...I know it was over a year ago, but thought I would see. :smile:
  • michab108
    michab108 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hopefully you will both receive notification of this post. I just started the 6WBMO challenge today. I did it back in 2011 and the results were fantastic. However, I only did it for three weeks and accomplished how I wanted to look for my 30th. Now...I need to go back on it because within two years I gained what I lost then back :cry: It's all good though lol Just wanted to check in and see how you both did...I know it was over a year ago, but thought I would see. :smile:

I've done 6WBMO off and on for years! Glad to see someone else here. I just started again today. I love it! I always let myself get too busy to cook, but the results are great when I stay on track.
  • MandaLP
    Options
    Awesome! I'm so glad someone is on here doing it and especially started the same day as me. What body type do you have? I'm a C which means I stay away from red meat and other things. I'm totally fine staying away from the red meat since it doesn't agree with my stomach.
  • michab108
    Options
    I'm an A, so it sucks just a bit, but totally worth it.

I made it almost entirely OP with my food today and did more water than the plan calls for. Didn't quite make my cardio goal, but I'll get there.

How about you? Do you have any questions? I've used this plan since 2005. Have you been on the Provida forum? There aren't many of us left over there, but there are tons of resources, recipes, etc.
  • MandaLP
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good for day 2. My other half doesn't need to lose weight (one of the people that received great genes at birth :ohwell: ) so he still likes to have his snacks at home. I have made a point to buy him the ones that I dislike to make it easier on myself lol. I have checked the website out (Provida forum), but haven't seriously looked into yet. Will check out sometime later today for some recipes etc. Also, I don't know what the eating plan is for type A, but does your food list include rice? I was thinking of switching rice for quinoa.

I think long as if we some type of cardio during the day we would be golden. My calorie intake on this diet is around 800 so I think 45mins on the elliptical or a half hour bike ride is sufficient enough.

Did you do the whole 6 weeks and if so what was your total weight loss?
  • CleOrtiz
    CleOrtiz Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, Where can I get information about this??
  • michab108
    Options
    Manda, if you go to the forums, they can be a little tough to find from provida's homepage. the address is forums.provida.com. Yes, I have rice on my list of OP foods, but I prefer brown rice to white and I picked up some small and super delicious sweet potatoes at the farmer's market this weekend, just the right size. I love quinoa but I don't eat it because of the ethical factor. One person doesn't make much of a difference, but it does in my head.

I've made it to 6 weeks a few times, but never continued after that due to lack of will power on my part, but I've never lost less than 30lbs at the 6 week mark.

CleOrtiz, they don't make the product anymore, but you can still find the product on ebay and a few other online stores. It's basically a program designed for body type. You fill out a questionnaire about how your body responds to food and your answers determine foods and portion sizes. You basically eat 6 small meals per day, and include 100oz of water, cardio and resistance training (all the info for which is included in the packet), but you cut out added salt, sugars and oils from your foods. It's pretty intensive in terms of cooking, but it's a lot like clean eating. I always feel great when I'm doing it.
  • Elnidi3
    Elnidi3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, i'm a newbie can someone tell me what the 6 week Bodymakerover is and where can i find the info on it, i would love to join the group? I have a total of 50 pounds I want to lose.
  • MandaLP
    Options
    Rice doesn't agree with me for some odd reason. I think my stomach is just picky! Join in the fun Elnidi3. It's a great plan when I did it in 2011. See Michab108's post for details of where to find the package. Even just googling "6 Week Body Makeover or 6WBMO" will show a ton of results. I need to lose 40 to put me back at the weight I was once before. It took me quite a few years to pack on that weight and hopefully only this year to lose it. At least 20 would make me happy enough to wear the summer dresses to work lol
  • michab108
    Options
    Manda, that could very well be. I have that problem with any number of things. I learned that if I include protein powder with my snacks (I used to do a shake with fruit and protein powder), I stop losing weight altogether, and it only takes once a day. Overall, heavily processed foods suck for me. I end up with lots of stomach trouble and do nothing but put on weight.

I was seriously craving cookies yesterday, so I made some OP meringues for my snack. They take a little time to bake, but worth it, in my opinion. I made enough for three snacks. They are great smashed up with some sliced strawberries.

6 egg whites, room temperature
    ½ cup pourable Splenda
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 225 degrees and line a cookie sheet with baking parchment or use a Silpat. Put egg whites in a bowl. Add vanilla. Beat, adding Splenda a tablespoon at a time until very stiff peaks form. Spoon dollops of the mixture onto cookie sheet leaving ½ inch between each and bake for about 2 hrs, turning the pan around ½ way thru until firm and crisp. If desired, cool the oven with the door ajar for maximum crispness, or cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container.

Compatible with Body Type:
    Breakfast A-B-C-D-E
    Morning Snack A-B-C-D-E
    Lunch A-B-C-D-E
    Afternoon Snack A-B-C-D-E
    Dinner A-B-C-D-E
    PM Snack A-D-E
  • teddfrog
    teddfrog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I did this program and lost 65 lbs back in 2004/2005. Gained it back by making poor food choices. Now I am on it again. Hard to find support anymore since they are not supporting the forums any more. How are you all doing?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    There isn't any peer reviewed clinical studies supporting "body type" eating that I'm aware of. Somatotyping has been debunked and the reality is that the general population (who don't suffer from a health or hormone issue) just need to eat in a calorie deficit to lose weight. All these gimmick diets are designed and advertised for one reason........................................so the seller can make a boat load of money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • teddfrog
    teddfrog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the structure and education this plan provides me. It is about eating healthy and in proportion.
  • xopizzo
    xopizzo Posts: 6
    Options
    Bought this plan a few years ago and am now trying it for the 1st time. Today is Day 1. I will keep you updated! How are you all doing? -Amanda
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    There isn't any peer reviewed clinical studies supporting "body type" eating that I'm aware of. Somatotyping has been debunked and the reality is that the general population (who don't suffer from a health or hormone issue) just need to eat in a calorie deficit to lose weight. All these gimmick diets are designed and advertised for one reason........................................so the seller can make a boat load of money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Thanks for being in here, it helps to have someone that is qualified and has had industry experience in here, I for one appreciate your advice.
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Can I ask- what is this 6 week Body makeover program and where can I find details? I'm curious :-)
  • xopizzo
    xopizzo Posts: 6
    Options
    Bought this plan a few years ago and am now trying it for the 1st time. Today is Day 1. I will keep you updated! How are you all doing? -Amanda
  • dbradstreet63
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This looks like a pretty active group. My name is Donna and I have always been challenged with my weight. Although Weight Watchers was an excellent program for me to 'get it off', they just didn't seem to have an adequate 'maintenance program'. Meanwhile, about 3 years of not attending and TRYING to use myfitnesspal for tracking my calories, 20 lbs has gone back on the scale for me!!! I realize the 'key' to keeping off the weight is both eating sensibly (portion control) and exercing. But, it's also a mindset!!! Does anyone have any helpful suggestions when you go into the mode: MUST EAT FOOD NOW, when you KNOW you are not even hungry? I'm especially vulnerable in the evenings...