Preplan your day

Options
for those who struggle with binge eating, try preplanning your meals for the whole day in advance. take a few moments the night before or in the morning and log all your meals and snacks. i find doing this helps me not to eat things just because. it still takes a little bit of willpower. also doing this can help determine how much exercise you need to do.

Replies

• JennaK
    JennaK Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great advice! I do this too, and it helps sooo much!! If I don't, I'll have 50 cals left for dinner! :laugh:
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is ironic that this was posted. I just shared earlier this morning, that I knew last night what I was having for dinner today. that made it easier for me to plan for my breakfast and lunch today. I knew how many calories I had left to go and I planned around it. Knowing it is Friday, I may not have time to work in exercise, even with that I left enough room for a healthy dessert. Great minds think alike....
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I do this every single day. If I dont, I get derailed. I always thing what I'm eating is less than what it actually is. So I have to pre-plan my meals the night before. Sometimes plans change at the last minute. Like yesterday, my husband forgot to thaw out the meat I told him to so we ended up going out for dinner. But I knew what my calorie allotment was in advance so I was able to stay under it.
  • goldspaula
    Options
    Wonderful advice! I find this way very helpful on special days! It really saved me over the holidays. I would not only plan but log it all in! Then before closing the day go over it and see if I needed to add. Seriously, it kept me under ever single day. Thanks for sharing this!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I planned a 500 calorie pizza at the start of the day because I wanted to eat out and it kept me calm and sensible all day because I knew it was waiting for me. Then, at the restaurant, I gave a quarter to my son, freeing some calories for a snack back at home ;)

Being able to plan indulgences is great!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have planned for 3 slices of veggie pizza tonight. but I plan on hitting up the salad bar prior to eating the pizza so I may not eat 3. But I planned for it JUST. IN.CASE!