My 105 lbs Weight Loss Story

Options
MarkLudlow
MarkLudlow Posts: 27 Member
[img][/img]Before_and_after_You_Tube_version.jpgIt’s been nearly 5 years since I made that initial decision that my life needed to change from both a physical and psychological perspective and in that time an awful lot has happened.  People who want to lose weight all have varying amounts that they want to lose but for someone like me who wanted to lose such a huge amount, it wasn't until I reached my end goal that I came to realize how restricted I was before. While I was actually experiencing the difficult times, I didn't comprehend how insecure I was and how little self esteem I actually had. General day to day experiences that most people take for granted were a struggle like walking up stairs, buying clothes and  liking myself enough to have my photo taken or look in a mirror without feeling shameful.  As a result of making fundamental changes in my life, I am now a very happy and positive person and without meaning to sound arrogant, I am now very proud of who I am. By being at peace with myself, I was then able to successfully lose 105Ibs and have not looked back for nearly 3 years.  The reason I give this brief account of my experiences is that I hope that I can inspire others and help people to realize that we are all capable of achieving our aspirations and dreams. It’s just a question of doing things in the right way that works specifically for us.  I have set up a Twitter account so I can provide effective weight loss tips and share my account further. If you would like to follow me you can find me at @ludlow_mark  Good luck everyone and I wish you all every success for the future. X

Replies

• Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You've kept it off for 5 years? You truly are a success. Congratulations on your now life-long health improvement.
  • MarkLudlow
    Options
    Thank you Ftw37. I cant begin to tell you how life changing the last 5 years have been.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Very motivational, thank you for posting!
  • mermaid117
    mermaid117 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing well done x
  • MarkLudlow
    Options
    Thank you way2dreamy0. Its great to know that my post is achieving the desired outcome :)
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! Your weight loss is tremendous and your before / after photos are fantastic! Well done x
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look fantastic.
  • MarkLudlow
    Options
    Thank you Mariachicat, F1uffy123, mermaid117. Its always nice to receive encouraging feedback from people. x
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job and I hope your life continues to improve. We are sometimes our worst enemy, but it looks to me that you have truly succeed in your goals. CONGRATULATIONS !
  • moomooatrice
    moomooatrice Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow - good for you! It is not arrogant of you at all - you worked hard and accomplished something that was difficult and took a lot of time and effort. Be proud! Also, it is good that you have joined MFP. Remain vigilant. I imagine that the Success Story blog that you wrote and the twitter to help others is very cathartic. Keep up the good work!
  • MarkLudlow
    Options
    Siobhan108, moomooatrice you are both incredibly perceptive.

I did used to be my own worst enemy which is why things got as bad as they did. Once I got to the root causes of why I was overeating and eating the wrong foods, I was able to make fundamental changes in my life which enabled me to then achieve sustained weight loss.

The Twitter account is very cathartic and also rewarding.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Excellent job, you look great!
  • MarkLudlow
    Options
    Thanks kwantlen2051, perseverance1. x
  • Amy101975
    Amy101975 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Be proud! Wow! Such an inspiration! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    You lost 100 lb in 2 years? I have hope! :happy:
    I'm aiming at at least 102, and would prefer 110.
    About 1/4 of the way there so far, in 4 months of being very serious about controlling what I eat and exercising nearly every day.
    Have lost inches, gotten stronger, and my endurance has increased incredibly!
    Hopefully somewhere along the way I'll also get to the point where I'm OK having pictures taken, but that hasn't happened since I was a teenager, so I'm not too sure about that.
  • MarkLudlow
    Options
    Thank you for the positive words HappyAmy75! x
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Truly an inspiration! You look amazing!
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Nice work on the transformation. Impressive to not only have lost 100+, but to have kept it off. Good for you.
  • MarkLudlow
    Options
    Well done MKEgal for getting quarter of the way there. And congrats on getting stronger and increasing your endurance.

Based on all the progress you have made already you have shown great determination and based on that, I have every confidence that you will reach your target and will enjoy having your photos taken :)

I would never personally exercise every day. Nearly every day, like you are already, say having a day off every 2 days or doing one day on one day off for example is much more effective. The reasons for this are things like: Your muscles grow when they rest, over-training can cause a weight loss plateau and when you train everyday you are not able to give 100% in sessions because of tiredness and fatigue.

Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!