Feeling discouraged

Options
Hit a plateau and feeling very down. I've stayed the same now for 2 + weeks, in fact up a pound. Any encouragement appreciated! Haven't been logging in faithfully so will start with that. Running longer distances and expecting the weight to fall off but the opposite is happening. I'm sure I'm eating too much but just need to hear I'm not alone.

Replies

• thenephites221
    Options
    Everyone hits a plateau every now and then, keep pushing! Switch it up, do things a bit differently. You'll trick your body into remembering how to lose weight again! Also remember how the number on the scale might not be changing as much as your body is, a pound of fat is a lot bigger than a pound of muscle!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Insanity, my weight stayed the same for that entire two months. Not sure what was going on there, but when I completed it, my weight started moving again.

You already said you're not being consistent on logging. That's your issue.
    Make sure you are being completed accurate, weight all of your food, don't eyeball it.

If you've started a new work out, some times you'll gain weight from sore muscles.

2 weeks is not a plateau. Be more accurate.

Be patient.

ETA: Of course you're not alone. But you've got to buckle down a little more :flowerforyou:
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged. It seems like you already know what the problem is: not tracking your calories and/or over eating so that solves your first problem. Knowledge is power.
    So now that you know what your hurdle is, you just need a plan.
    You can always out eat a good training plan.

Start by tracking calories and making good food choices. You can do this!!