Any ideas on low cal adult beverages??

Options
I know alcohol is bad for you, and I've cut beer out of my life for the time being as that is really bad, but I am going to a birthday party tonight and would like to have a couple of cocktails, does anyone have any suggestions on something tasty and low in calories? thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Light beers can be pretty light in calories. I don't know about mixed drinks, but I can imagine they must be more! Hopefully a better drinker than me will pipe up.
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    Diet Coke and vodka. . .Not the yummiest, but heh. . .Lower calorie. I also would say that a dry white wine would be okay. . .like a pinot grigio. Stay away from sweeter choices like riesling, moscato, and white zinfandel.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If you do mixed drinks, do diet and (insert drink). I do a lot of diet and malibu, diet and amaretto, etc. Then it's not so bad! As long as you don't go overboard! :)
  • JMM_623_
    JMM_623_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Vodka, lime & club soda (not tonic)! The only calories are from the vodka (approx 50-70/serving) If you prefer sweet drinks, use a splash of no calorie flavored carbonated water...just enough makes it taste like you added juice :)
  • kittyb1
    kittyb1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My trick is a drink I like to call the "Nicki Newman".......vodka, fizzy water (lots), lemon.........you stay hydrated and don't get hungover.

But remember Alcohol has 7 cal per gram compared to protein and carbs 4cal per gram. 1 ounce = 28 grams so it adds up over the night, which is why you don't want to add sugary drinks to the mix!!

Have fun.....you'll be back on track tomorrow :)
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like my drinks as well on the weekends but i drink either vodka on the rocks with a lemon ( iknow its hardcore) or with club soda . if u like rum then rum and diet but its best to avoid diet sodas all together bc of the sodium so i would go for club soda and put some limes and lemons in it
  • vals83
    vals83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Vodka Diet Soda is good, only 30 calories
  • PaulaAvery
    PaulaAvery Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    when I did weight watchers, Archers and Diet Lemonade were the lowest in points value - half teh points of Vidke or Gin etc....
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Or you could just drink your liquor on the rocks :glasses:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :laugh: ADULT beverages :wink: hee hee hee!
    i've been trying to cut down so one thing that i find helpful is to alternate your drinks w/ something lower in calories + alcohol.
    i highly recommend angostura bitters with lime and soda and a between-drink mocktail.

have fun! :drinker:

Edited to Add: @anovasjo: or NEAT!! :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    It is best just to avoid alcohol all together. You know carbs and proteins provide 4 cals/gm, Fat is 9 cals/gm, alcohol is 7 cal/gm. That is just below fat!!! Good luck with finding a better option, but it is best not to consume you cals through liquid. Understandable you want to go out and have fun, just keep it in moderation!!!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I drink the watery beers but for cocktails a vodka cranberry (or other diet juice/diet coke) would work - Ocean Spray has diet juices (IIRC, the cranberry pomegranate is good) that have about 5 calories/8 oz and barely any carbs..
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Canadian whiskey, straight, in a little tumbler. Sip, savor, enjoy.
  • gdphilippe
    gdphilippe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A Vodka Gimlet has about 150 calories per drink. It consists of:
    2 oz vodka
    2 tsp Rose's lime juice
    a lime slice

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/generic/vodka-gimlet/#ixzz1AMd4vx7l

I loved these before I started counting calories, so I was happy to find out it was on the low end of the calorie spectrum. And if you can use real lime juice instead of Rose's I can only imagine the calorie count would go down.
  • dork7760
    Options
    My adult drink of choice is Ice Tea with Vodka. I buy Ice Tea bags, make a pitcher of tea and just add the vodka to individual drinks. I'm not sure on the calorie intake, I just know it has to be low. However, now that I am starting a fitness plan I will be finding this out for sure. But it is just tea and clear vodka. I also add lemon to it. And another plus, since it is full of water, I hardly ever get a hang over with this drink.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I always do diet and captain morgan....sooo good!
  • sarjac1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas! I'm sure I'll be able to use one of the suggestions if not more! I'll just do some extra cardio the next day to make up for anything I drink! Again, thank you!