pregnancy

Options
I recently found out I was pregnant and was wondering if I could still use MFP to watch what I eat through pregnancy? Anyone know?

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    of course you can, but I really think you need to talk to your doctor about it.
  • hmlayman
    Options
    The best thing to do is ask your doctor, dear. More than likely he will encourage it and then just modify some things. They still want you to be healthy and they encourage exercise especially if you exercised before-hand :)
  • shaweetie
    shaweetie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i'm glad you asked this, as we're trying to get pregnant and i've been wondering the same thing.
  • CaityB14
    CaityB14 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think you can. It might help to make sure you get the extra calories you need. Make sure you are eating enough though.
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. It's good to watch what you eat when you are pregnant. Not by reducing calories though, just by tracking your fiber and making sure you are getting enough calcium as well as eating healthy. Pregnant women need a lot of all of those! You also will need to probably set it to 'maintain weight' instead of 'lose weight' and you will also need to add 300 calories (pregnant women need an extra 300 calories a day). Hope this helps!.... Oh and track your exercise too - very import to exercise during pregnancy!
  • SamanthaBarber
    SamanthaBarber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As long as you're getting enough calories and they are nutrient rich calories, not junk, you're doing okay. For the first trimester you usually need between 2,000-2,200 calories a day depending on your pre-pregnancy weight. Make sure you're getting lots of fruits, veggies, calcium, iron and taking a prenatal vitamin!