BORING exercise

Options
I have a small gym in my apartment complex. I get so bored and ready to quit within 5 minutes, what can i do besides listen to music to keep me motivated for at least 1/2 hour? Thanks

Replies

• cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    are there TV's there? I usually watch a show when i work out at the gym at my apartment. It helps.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Try using HIIT workout. It got me out of a funk. You wont have time to be bored.
  • ecunn
    ecunn Posts: 2
    Options
    I have an ipod and I download books from www.audible.com (or from my library's digital download section which is the free option) to listen to. I always want to hear more of the story so I stay on longer. It works in the car too. It keeps me from speeding to listen to books because I want to hear the most I can before I get to me destination.
  • msandoval74
    Options
    Listen to some upbeat music something to keep you motivated. Create a new playlist or just simply think of what you want to accomplish. Whats your goal? TO be more fit, to look better.. then picture it & perceive it... Read a motivational quote before you start so it helps you to keep focused..:smile:
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Get a workout buddy if you can it's always more fun with someone else. If music doesn't help maybe it's what you're listening to? Try to find something that pumps you up. Also don't just listen, but BLAST it!

Other than that try visualizing what you want to become. That usually results in more intense workouts for me.
  • erikaengen
    Options
    If you're using your gym for cardio...try something new!! Don't use the equipment. Do two sets of an exercise (or whatever you choose) and then do one minute of any cardio movement...for example, jumping jacks. Back to the exercise, then one minute of cardio...speed skater. Doing these intervals will also keep your heartrate up and help you burn more calories.
    Hope this helps!!!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    When I would use the tiny gym in my office building, I would put tv shows and movies on my iPod. I spend a few weeks watching the entire From The Earth To The Moon mini series while using the elliptical. One episode was 40-50 minutes, so I'd watch that and not even notice the time go by. Usually I'm good with just music too, I like to use the time to think and people watch at the gym I go to now (has TVs and stuff too).
  • MilfShakeIt
    MilfShakeIt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I get sooo bored with going to gyms so I do all of my workouts at home by way of dvds and then I use some light gym equipment afterwards. You have to do what will work for you and what you'll stick with in the long run.

Good luck.
  • gold27701
    gold27701 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got bored even at a large Gym. I added interval training which keeps me focused on the exercise and helps increase my cardio, it also adds a nice break to the boring treadmill, stationary bikes routines that I use. I usually do 2 intervals a week, they can be pretty intense. Other than that I listen to the ipod through my whole workout.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Get a workout buddy if you can it's always more fun with someone else. If music doesn't help maybe it's what you're listening to? Try to find something that pumps you up. Also don't just listen, but BLAST it!

Other than that try visualizing what you want to become. That usually results in more intense workouts for me.

Hear Here!! When I first get on the treadmill, I crank up the volume and the beat is important. For me it's alot of bass and something to slam-dance to. Ramones, B-52s, 999, etc. When I cooldown/walkout I turn it down a little. The volume distracts my pain centers and I can push harder.
  • ecunn
    ecunn Posts: 2
    Options
    I have an ipod and I download books from www.audible.com (or from my library's digital download section which is the free option) to listen to. I always want to hear more of the story so I stay on longer. It works in the car too. It keeps me from speeding to listen to books because I want to hear the most I can before I get to me destination.
  • debilou54
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I took the DVD player and watched A-TEAM. The time went by faster them I knew