Cerebral Palsy

Options
Is anyone else on her struggling with the difficulties of losing weight while having Cerebral Palsy?

Replies

• wu3ju3j
    wu3ju3j Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have weeks where I don't loose. It is hard to exercise with CP
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi J and Wu,

I'm right there with you...IT IS HARD!!! I have been yo-yoing through the same 30 pounds since I started
    here in 2012. I think the key is to find 2-3 types of exercise you like to do and rotate between them so you
    don't get bored. For a LONG time, all I could do was limited physical therapy. After a while, I started doing
    Leslie Sansone's walk program standing up in the walker just doing the leg steps. I started doing light(3 pound)
    weight training sitting in the wheelchair, and just a few months ago, added in Zumba Gold in the wheelchair.
    Just fell Sunday, and am under orders not to do ANYTHING until PT clears me. It's only been one day and
    I'm already going CRAZY!!! Please feel free to add me if you want.

Sue
  • wu3ju3j
    wu3ju3j Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did add you and sent an E-Mail

David
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    J, of course it isn't easy, but you are doing so well!! If you want to know, still with exercise program you like or appreciate as a staple in your life now and guard that regime for yourself! It will be a benefit to you and those whom love you!!:flowerforyou: