Unhealthy things we eat while losing weight?

Options
For me I've been eating pretty healthy but in my salads I use breaded chicken tenders instead of boneless chicken because it's a lot more tasty and I feel it keeps me from breaking my diet and going back to fast food and I'm losing weight so Its not too bad I guess?
A trainer I trained with for a day said he would eat potato chips while he was dieting and lost 50lbs still. What are some "unhealthy" things you eat while still managing to lose weight?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    The main example that comes to mind for me is the food I tend to order in restaurants. I know a lot of people who when they are "dieting" always get nothing but veggies or salads. I would not be satisfied with that. When I go out for fast food (once or twice a month on average) I usually get something like a Steak N' Shake hamburger (no fries or shake) or a steak or chicken bowl at burrito places. When I go to a regular restaurant, about once per week, I order regular food...pad Thai, enchiladas, etc. I may leave some of the rice or bread on my plate but I eat most of it and enjoy it.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Pizza.
    Wings.
    Burgers.
    Fries.
    Candy
    Ice Cream.

I really dont limit anything from what i eat.

I just eat at a deficit and still enjoy any food.
  • VaporeonSugar
    VaporeonSugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I actually started eating gelato again when I decided to lose weight. Something like Ben & Jerry's I'll end up eating the entire carton in one 10 minute scarf fest. With gelato though, I'll just eat one spoonful at a time and savor it. Usually no more than 2 bites a day. It's way more satisfying and I adore the Breyers ones I found because they have toppings on them like a gelato shop would do. There isn't anything else I really eat that is 'unhealthy' and keeps me on track. Most other unhealthy items weigh me down and are causing problems. Guess I'll just have to find substitutes for them like I did with ice cream.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky. LOADS of beef jerky. In fact I just ate the whole bag (3 servings) :/ Sure it's low cal, but HOLY SODIUM. Also, sugary breakfast cereals. Not to mention, the serving size is "3/4 cup". When I actually measured out how much I typically pour into a bowl it was more like 2 cups o.O...oh well, still lost weight. And also with you on salads, sure I get salads with lots of veggies and grilled chicken, but it typically has other add ins like generous amounts of cheese and croutons..not to mention the dressing is usually calorie loaded. I ask for dressing on the side and dip so I kinda know how much I'm using.
  • freesiasun5
    freesiasun5 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Options
    Snickers Ice Cream bars. I make room for them often.
  • _hesmy19dhero
    _hesmy19dhero Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I can slammmm some dark chocolate now. At least my body is used to the dark chocolate, I guess! Lol!!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Pizza.
    Wings.
    Burgers.
    Fries.
    Candy
    Ice Cream.

I really dont limit anything from what i eat.

I just eat at a deficit and still enjoy any food.

Same here.

I am going to try and cut back on my candy (mega sweet tooth here) but I try not to limit myself generally, I can't cut out the goodies or I know I'll crack and have a binge night that will make me feel dreadful, so long as you're within your calories for the day and not constantly going over your macros, you should be Ok to have those things you like. I've quickly found that moderation is the key; I know I've not technically lost much yet, but what I have lost has been eating the same type of foods as I always did, just in far more sensible portions.
  • HattieMonicaReborn
    Options
    Life is not worth living without pizza....
  • tiredstarling529
    tiredstarling529 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat Baked Lays potato chips. Hamburgers, but without the buns. Ice cream. I just try to make it fit, though!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Ha! I imagine almost everything I eat would be deemed unhealthy (esp by clean eating advocates) as my diet consists of a lot of protein bars and shakes, jack in the box chicken fajita pita's, mcdonald's grilled chicken sandwiches (plain), skinny cow ice cream, beef jerky, dove dark chocolate squares, etc. I seem to be losing according to my schedule so it works for me. (I know I've lost more than my ticker shows because of how my clothes fit but I haven't weighed myself all month because the scale terrifies me - but I guess that's a topic for another thread!!)