Weight not wanting to go bye-bye?

Options
I've been dieting & exercising for 3 weeks so far and I think I already hit a plateau. I lost 1.3lbs my first week which is good I think, but last week I only lost .3lbs? And here's the thing; I did really good last week! I stayed on budget every day except for Sunday (I went over by about 400-500) and I also exercised every day for at least an hour! Why am I not seeing it melt off quicker? I know it might sound crazy but I feel like I at least deserved a pound after last week! Can someone tell me what's wrong?!?! :explode:

Replies

• janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's too soon to panic. There are numerous reasons why your weight fluxuates. Keep doing what you're doing, it sounds like you're on the right track.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You're DIEting.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It varies. And if you are doing steady state cardio, it burns less and less calories each time.
  • SirNewfie
    SirNewfie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    really depends where you are in weight loss! If you are in the last 10 pounds, it gets really hard. I just started again, and I eat 2200 calories a day. I am burning 4000+. The biggest thing is, I don't eat any extras for calories burned off. I burn 3200 on a normal day at work. I burn 4000 with the exercise, but I still only allow myself to eat the 2200.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I have difficulty losing weight some weeks. For example, I'll stay at a plateau for a couple weeks and then see a half pound change the next week. If that happens I start switching my exercise routine, vary my calories (I range between 1410 and 1600 depending if I eat back exercise calories). You might need to play around with your routine a little. If you just started, give it a little more time.

It could also be the foods you are eating. For example, if you are eating foods high in sodium, then you might retain more water. It can also very by how much you have to lose, if you don't have a lot to lose it won't come off as quickly as someone who has 50lbs+ to lose.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting & exercising for 3 weeks so far and I think I already hit a plateau. I lost 1.3lbs my first week which is good I think, but last week I only lost .3lbs? And here's the thing; I did really good last week! I stayed on budget every day except for Sunday (I went over by about 400-500) and I also exercised every day for at least an hour! Why am I not seeing it melt off quicker? I know it might sound crazy but I feel like I at least deserved a pound after last week! Can someone tell me what's wrong?!?! :explode:

It's pretty simple really: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

Get the calories in vs. calories out honestly reported, run a 500 calorie a day deficit and you should be seeing a pound a week melt away...
  • wwkings
    wwkings Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I guess I will just go back to the basics. The weight will come off eventually, right?