Lack of Motivation??

Options
I am guilty of such. I want to lose weight and get more healthy for my family.

I have a very hard time sticking to a routine or a "diet" or a change of lifestyle. My husband has changed his eating for me, I love that but I would luck other people that have the same issue as I do.

I would like a support team and my husband is supportive but isn't that what husbands are for?

Replies

• Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of such. I want to lose weight and get more healthy for my family.

I have a very hard time sticking to a routine or a "diet" or a change of lifestyle. My husband has changed his eating for me, I love that but I would luck other people that have the same issue as I do.

I would like a support team and my husband is supportive but isn't that what husbands are for?

Why do you have a hard time?
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My sister has a saying when your why is big enough you will find a way. (She probably got it from a motivational book or speaker.) I am in the same boat, but I know my reasons are mostly outside reasons. When it is more about me, then maybe I will be more motivated. Right now I just want to lose weight, but don't know why exactly. (Does that make any sense).
  • dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Know all about that. Having no problem with getting my exercise, just can't seem to get my $h1t together with my diet. Tired of being hungry ALL the time. Brutal.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Know all about that. Having no problem with getting my exercise, just can't seem to get my $h1t together with my diet. Tired of being hungry ALL the time. Brutal.

Yet you've dropped 30. Looks like you **** is together to me, bro. keep on truckin. I read your "Why I want to lose", and I could have written it, you know?

Nice job, sir
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Not all spouses are receptive to change or anything major. I think it's great yours is. So why are you having a hard time?

For example I have a personal friend who's husband is over weight and was just diagnosed with early heart failure.. It's like bam that is it and he's giving up. His wife who used to go and pick up four seperate meals b/c everyone gets what they want decided then and there with the news of her husband to follow his doctor's orders. She is now fixing meals that the doctor ordered. Her picky children are eating them. Her husband is refusing.
  • ssmerrill1214
    Options
    I can understand your lack of motivation. I am a Firefighter/EMT and have been doing it for 28 years fulltime. I hurt my back at work and have been out for over 6 months. I have always been a big guy weighing at least 350 pounds not long ago from sitting around with a damaged back. My doctors said that I won't be able to return to work if I don't do something about it. Well 1 month ago exactly I started walking everyday with my dog starting at 1.1 miles and as of today I am up to 2.78 miles. I also started CrossFit for the first 3 weeks going twice a week and now going 3 times a week, plus eating much healthier. Since I have started a month ago I have lost 27 pounds, I'm down 2 pant sizes and almost down 3 sizes.
    I want my job back and to get my back in great shape. Yesterday was my first day that I did not do any exercise at all because I lost my mojo, but I woke up today and said time to kick my *kitten* in gear. When I had the no motivation day I actually had a cheat day for food. :) Damn pizza!!
    So pick a reason why you want to do this, for yourself? Your Husband, Kids? Anything but remember, it is your life and you can take control over it and not let it defeat you!!
    Good Luck!!!

Steve
  • golf_pro_wife
    golf_pro_wife Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the lack of motivation because I find I have a lack of energy. I recently found out I have asthma which is partially why I want to get more fit, so I am not sucking wind every time I walk up a couple flights of stairs
  • SBCPOWER90DAYCHALLENGE
    Options
    I have the lack of motivation because I find I have a lack of energy. I recently found out I have asthma which is partially why I want to get more fit, so I am not sucking wind every time I walk up a couple flights of stairs

Sometimes setting a goal and getting the support of others around you to hold you accountable for completing said goal is a great way to start. It really helps self motivate one self.
  • golf_pro_wife
    Options
    I have been gone for a while but I am glad to know that I am not the only one suffering. I just don't have the motivation because the workouts seem so difficult. I have asthma so it is hard for me to breathe at times.
  • Bishbosh33
    Bishbosh33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's hard this time of year. It's dark and it's cold and you don't want to be outside, and you crave stodgy foods! I put on nearly 3 stone since last March/April. Been up and down with m weight my whole life. But I've lost it before and I'll do it again. Soon I won't be able to hide my bulk under baggy jumpers! :) But I've not had a great start. So many social things on and I am not great at the willpower thing!
  • golf_pro_wife
    Options
    Bishbosh I totally understand. Winter is a hard time and to be honest "Healthy" eating is soooo expensive. Here in a Canada you can buy junk food for about 80% cheaper than health food. I honestly feel that if healthy food was cheaper it would be soooo much easier to eat better
  • Bishbosh33
    Options
    I can't say that's a problem for me. I love cooking. Hardly ever eat processed food. And much of what I eat is healthy. Love fish, veggies, salad! I also love butter, bread, cheese, chocolate. But I've terrible portion and impulse control. Slightly food obsessed actually. Love cooking it, eating it and talking about it! :) But I know it needs to take a back seat in my life for a while. I can't wear half my jeans! I'm NOT buying bigger clothes!
  • golf_pro_wife
    Options
    Exactly. I love to cook as well but it is so expensive to do at least healthy stuff. I have others in the house to be concerned with and it gets pricey. On average my mother drops about 300 every 2 weeks on health food. This girl can't afford it :(. I am still managing to lose some weight as I am portioning well. I use Beachbody portion control which is very very helpful :D
  • Bishbosh33
    Options
    I really don't believe in health foods! I'd never buy anything with the word diet in it or low fat! It's all nonsense, and companies trying to make money off you. You can lose weight by just eating normal food, cooked in healthy ways and good portion control. I've done this several times, my problem is keeping it off! :( And I totally get it's so much tougher when it's not just yourself you have to cook for. Meals with the family when everyone else has a bigger plate than you can get depressing! But once you start to see a bit of progress, that can be really motivating. I think it's important to always keep positive and not beat yourself up about what you can't do. Even one small positive change is good, and then you can make another, and another!

• golf_pro_wife
    Options
    Thanks Bishbosh. I am hoping to get myself motivated lol