How often do you workout?

Options
I'll be honest. Before I started MFP I didn't work out. At all. So now i'm doing the 30 Day Shred and the gym 4-5x a week. So that's a pretty dramatic increase in my opinion. BUT should I be doing more? I try and do something active everyday, whether it be a walk or run around the park with my kiddo. So the other days it isn't as if i'm just a bump on a log. But hardcore cardio and weights I only do 4-5x.

How often do you workout?

Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days per week.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    6 days a week for the past 5 years including vacations but took occasional 1 week breaks (maybe 3x year) during exam periods and Christmas (when you need it most actually but the sugar overdose cause a horrible sluggish reaction).
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I try and get to the gym twice a week, and do a proper workout at home every other day, but I try and be active every day.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    4-5 times a week...but i try and burn more than 200 calories instead of timing myself...yesterday i sweated for 50 minutes...my usual gym routine is about an hour
  • ropedancer
    Options
    It depends on my schedule, but it's usually about six times a week. Some weeks I'll do all seven days, others I'll do five. I don't so super intense workouts every day though. I alternate between an intense workout, and a less intense one. When first started out, it was closer to four days a week, but now I'm up for more!
  • MilfShakeIt
    MilfShakeIt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6 times a week for an hour each time. I think what you're doing is fine.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Daily. I do a workout, currently P90X, and I also run on the weekends. I add extra stretching routine in at least 2x per week. Yesterday was the second day I took off of exercise since October. I've probably missed only 7-10 days total in the past year. I worry if I miss one day it is too easy to miss a second day and get out of a routine.

I always have the attitude it takes a week to form a habit, so do something consistently for a week and it will be easier to maintain.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I was 5 - 6 days, but for january I am 7 days a week, doing different things though. Mon, wed, fri is bootcamp, Elliptical or treadmill on other days.
    My gym is having a "biggest user" contest for january to see how many can go for 31 days straight..... I am trying. I plan to use some of my days to just swim also!! :bigsmile:
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I try to workout everyday, even if it's only walking for 30 minutes on some days. I just started Couch to 5k so I've been running/walking every other day and doing 30 day shred.