Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Army wife in Idaho

Hi everyone,

I actually found this site via the droid market for an app on my phone. I really like this site, and like it even more that it is free! Anyway, I'm an Army wife of almost 9 years, and have 2 kids - 7 years old and 2 years old. I am a stay at home mom and college student.

I talked to an owner of a local gym and he wants to work with my financial issues so I can join his gym, so told him that I can pay for a whole year but I have to wait for my student loan money to come in at the end of the month. So he said that I can start working out now, and he will accept payment on Feb 1st, and he waived the enrollment fee! So I officially signed up last night, and my first workout is later this afternoon.

I'm from New Mexico, living in North Idaho, and I love cooking! I host a cooking group on facebook, which I really need to start posting healthy recipes on it now, called "Cooking With Liz." I have around 60 pounds to lose, and I think I can do it by October.

Nice to see everyone on here! Keep up the good work! And if you fall off the wagon, you can get back on it tomorrow!

-Liz

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!!! That is great that the owner was willing to work with you.
  • Lknott
    Lknott Posts: 6 Member
    I am also an Army wife in North Idaho! I am new to MFP too. I love it so far, seems like great support and encouragment! Good luck, sounds like you are off to a great start.

3559963.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Good luck!!!!!!!!!! You can do it!
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    I was just an Army brat! Welcome to MFP! :smile:
  • Hi Liz! I'm also from New Mexico and new to MFP ;) Welcome and go for it!!

- Lisa
  • Hi Liz! I'm also from New Mexico and new to MFP ;) Welcome and go for it!!

- Lisa

Hey Lisa! My family calls me Lisa, lol.. Anyway, what part of NM? I grew up in Moriarty/Edgewood area in the east mnts.