WTF!!

Options
Kane68
Kane68 Posts: 14 Member
seems like it's 3 steps forward 2 steps back. Last friday i weighed in at 201 lbs, By monday i was back up to 206. Now I did have a bad sunday, but not 5lbs bad! 5lbs is 17500 calories. which i definately did not eat in two days. I do weight myself the same time of day. I'm always well hydrated. Any Ideas?

Replies

• jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself every day and do it once a week instead. Weight will fluctuate on a day to day basis due to food and water intake and water retention.
    If you do insist on weighing in daily, just remember that it's going to fluctuate and it's OK. You'll still be losing in the long run.

Edit: Ideas on why you might be retaining water.. You might have had more sodium than normal, you might have had more to drink than normal, it could be a vitamin deficiency (specifically B1, 6, and 5), new exercise or a lack of exercise, medications, or hormones, though that's more common in women during 'that time of month'.
  • Sadedoes
    Sadedoes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Weight can oscillate several pounds (up OR down) in one day. Keep at it, the general trend is what matters.
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Get libra on your phone. Check in daily and see how that median number is moving, not the scale.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates! Relax it goes back down again. If you get upset over every fluctuation you might not want to weigh so often. I weigh daily, log it into excel so I can chart my trends. To show you this, here's a chart of my weight loss trends for this year. You will notice it zig zags, and I had a fun weekend with lots of food consumed so it's up today.. not a problem it will be heading the other way again.

rc2fbr.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you had a 'bad' sunday... more carbs and sodium by any chance!?
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    you had a 'bad' sunday... more carbs and sodium by any chance!?

^^^When I eat more carbs I always gain weight. Also during right before that TOM. After, I usually lose 2-3 lbs overnight. No biggie.
  • Kane68
    Kane68 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, all good points. I'm very guilty of weighting myself everyday, and I do this knowing full well that my weight will zig-zag. Just that 5lbs seemed quite a swing for one bad day.. I'm now back down to 203 lbs. My wasitline is definatley smaller. your right i did eat alot of carbs, not so much salt, if anything I prob don't take enough salt. I do alot of exercise. Thanks again for the support, it really helps.
    Phil
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day too, but I try not to let it affect me. I'm more concerned with the overall trend over weeks or months.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    If you're obsessing over weighing yourself every day, you should stop. It should be a tool to see those fluctuations, not a cause of panic, and you should be able to handle watching the curve jump up and down.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    As long as the overall trend is going down over time, fluctuations are totally normal and nothing to be concerned about. You said it yourself - 3 steps forward, two steps back. That's pretty typical. But hey, when you do the math, that one step forward is still moving in the right direction and that's what's most important! Patience!!!

P.S. No need to apologize. Glad to hear you're back on track!