YIKES!!

Options
Had the most awful shock this morning!! I weighed myself (last weighed on Saturday, when I was pretty darn' pleased at the result) and sooooo wish I hadn't. 12lbs on since Saturday.:sad:

I'm hoping - praying! - that most of this is down to water retention as I had my family round on Saturday evening to help celebrate my birthday, and we had a Chinese takeaway. Always notoriously salty. BUT to add insult to injury I have stuffed myself the last two evenings with pistachio nuts and salted peanuts. I know I shouldn't have, but the bags were open and ... and ... and ...

I've normally been so very disciplined since starting MFP (I've logged every single day of my 500+ days) and I am now bloody angry at and with myself.

Note to self: avoid salty foods until this is all off - and I normally DO, I've even cut out salting my food automatically and a good friend used to call me an Auto-Condimenter!

I feel sick and angry. My trousers even feel tighter this morning - and I know they were getting a bit too big for me! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Ok, you can not gain 12 pounds in 4 days. You've eaten a lot of salt. Just drink, drink, drink until you float. Then weigh again in a few days. You will be back to where you were (or fairly close)
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok, you can not gain 12 pounds in 4 days. You've eaten a lot of salt. Just drink, drink, drink until you float. Then weigh again in a few days. You will be back to where you were (or fairly close)

I know!! That's exactly what my head is telling me, my heart (which was in my mouth this morning!!) tells me different. But I know the head is CORRECT!

Thanks for the confirmation - it's really appreciated :flowerforyou:
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    my rule of thumb;
    dont take a weight gain seriously until it has stuck around for a week, otherwise you'll go crazy with all the weight fluctuations that happen short term.

i went from 203 to 215 this weekend. i had 2 full days of drinking and bbq'ing constantly, so im sure a couple pounds of that is fat, but nowhere near 12 lbs
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a 12 pound jump would be alarming, but the good thing is you know you haven't actually gained 12 pounds. Like others have said drink up, (water that is) and give it a few days.
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks, BigT and Fitfully ... always so good to get validation. And have your worst fears TRASHED for the nonsense they are!! I shall be getting on the scales at the weekend (will resist getting on them Thursday and Friday!) with some trepidation, though! :sick: