Best sneakers?

Options
In your experience, what is the best brand of sneaker to buy for running? I would be using them on the treadmill, as well as the road. The ones I have now are very old with no support. It's definitely affecting my ability to run well!

Replies

• dawnnicole85
    dawnnicole85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Honestly your best bet is to go to a running shop if you have one locally, they can help you find the right shoe that will be best for you when you run. Personally, I am currently wearing Brooks Glycerins to run in and I like them a lot. I am going to be running shoes shopping again soon though so would love to hear what everyone else has to recommend!
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Honestly your best bet is to go to a running shop if you have one locally, they can help you find the right shoe that will be best for you when you run. Personally, I am currently wearing Brooks Glycerins to run in and I like them a lot. I am going to be running shoes shopping again soon though so would love to hear what everyone else has to recommend!

Yep, second this as everyone's gait is different and depending on that, a good outfitter will direct you to a brand/model of shoe best for your situation. Mine are Brooks Ghost (not that I do a lot of running or anything like my wife...she can go through some shoes :laugh: )
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If you are going to run a lot, go get fitted for shoes as others have stated. I wear Pearl Izumis though and love them.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters who recommend going to a store that specializes in running/athletic shoes. They can help you out with what shoe may be better for your foot type.

I purchased some Brooks Ravenna 5's not too long ago and I LOVE them! They are so comfortable and have great arch support, which is what I needed. Hubby and I have always been Asics Kayano fans, but this time I wanted to try something different and really glad I did.

Good luck! Its always nice when you get a new pair!:smile:
  • Bloomboom
    Bloomboom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been buying Asics Kayano's for many years. I replace them approximately every 400 miles of walking and/or running. I walk (working treadmill desk) about 22 mi/week and run about 7 mi/week. I am wearing Gel Kayano 20's as I type.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have been buying Asics Kayano's for many years. I replace them approximately every 400 miles of walking and/or running. I walk (working treadmill desk) about 22 mi/week and run about 7 mi/week. I am wearing Gel Kayano 20's as I type.

Which may be the perfect shoe for you but may be completely inappropriate for the OP.

To the OP, take the advice given above and go to a running specialty shop if you have one locally.

If you don't have one locally there are some on-line resources that can help you narrow down the list......

http://www.runnersworld.com/shoe-finder/shoe-advisor

http://www.runnersworld.com/shoe-guide/fall-2013

Despite all of the advances in shoe "technology" the most important factor is that they fit you properly.