Weekend Working Food and Exercise

Options
I only work weekends as I am a stay at home mom for my 2 year old. I have epilepsy and anemia so it is very important I get food every two hours or so. Being at home I have a chance to do that. At work, even though I work at whole foods market, I just get so into my job, that even if I'm hungry I just stay in my office and basically forget. I know I can get a banana at work or bring a sandwich from home, but I'm looking for some variety. It would be easier if I could just bring something from home to eat right away instead of eating there.When I get finished with my work then I go home. No fruit or veggies though. I get so much of those throughout the week and I'll have it when I get home later. Also, because of these two reasons, I am exhausted on the weekends and don't feel like exercising. I have a pedometer and use it, but it just seems like I don't exercise enough. Should I just take off the weekends and use my pedometer or is there something else you can suggest? Nothing like running, more light exercises. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• knwollak
    Options
    I personally use Qivana's meal replacement shakes called Metaboliq. For me, I don't like breakfast food except cereal which isn't the best choice in the morning so I use the shake instead. It is quick and easy to make and walk out the door. You can make it with water or milk (I think it taste better with milk). Qivana also has their Metaboliq stick which is a nice snack but they are better when warmed up a few seconds. They are already added in the food listing on this website too! :D

As for exercise I have asthma so I can't do a lot of high empact. I really like Zumba but sometimes it gets the best of me! My Mom has MS and she introduced me to Leslie Sanone's Walk Slim. I really like it because you can really see and feel the difference in your body and get a good workout by "walking" at home.

Hope this helps!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have really bad asthma too so sometimes it's hard to get in a really intense workout. I try walking at lunch time if I can and there are some really fun wii games out there. I also have been doing Zumba and I love it.