I am fat. I'm ready to do something about it.

Options
Akiera34
Akiera34 Posts: 9 Member
I joined over a year ago and didn't do anything more. I wasn't ready then, but I'm more than ready now. I am fat. It took me years to admit it, accept it and say it aloud. I am fat.

Let's get started!

First goal: Lose 45lbs by December 2014.

I'm looking for some pals whom have just started their journeys as well to share with. Send a friend request if you're interested.

Replies

• Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great goal . Well within reason. (45 lbs by Dec.) You can do this and just keep reminding yourself ,you aren't dieting you are changing the way you live your life.
    Welcome to today! :smile:
  • Akiera34
    Options
    :happy: Thanks!
  • muppet1501
    muppet1501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat as you. Had the app for the last year and now focussed, motivated and ready to get the weight off. 2 weddings this year and I want to look good on the photos.

Good luck on your journey
  • mtikky
    mtikky Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well done for making the commitment to change yourself. :)

I've lost 42lbs since January (my start weight when I came back on MFP was higher than when I first signed up on here)... so it *can* be done.
  • devodavis
    devodavis Posts: 1
    Options
    It sounds a bit like AA doesn't it .. the confession. I don't have any great tale of shedding heaps of weight. I need to lose a bit but not a heap but i have some health risks that make those kgs pretty damn important.

What I have worked on though is changing the mindset ... this is not some struggle. If it was a struggle, well struggles come to an end, and so if you frame it that way you are subconsciously at some stage looking forward to that phase to finish. At that point you will revert to old behaviours.

So what I reckon - Think of it as an easy thing to do .... think of yourself as lucky! You have shown great intelligence and insight already. You will win.

One last thing - celebrate every little success along the journey.
  • mtikky
    mtikky Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey

Agreed. Good luck - you can do it :)
  • victoria43068
    Options
    Hi! I am also new here..and need to lose 88 lbs. I need all the help and encouraging I can get. I am 46. Work as a nurse. Overnight shift. Married, and have 3 grown children. I need motivation to begin daily work outs, and eating healthier. I am so ready to do this. Tired of being too tired to do more activities. Want to feel better physically . .and have fun! So glad to see everyone encouraging each other!
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Just wanted to wish you good luck and tell you to feel free to add me. I'm on and log everyday. You got this!
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I joined over a year ago and didn't do anything more. I wasn't ready then, but I'm more than ready now. I am fat. It took me years to admit it, accept it and say it aloud. I am fat.

Let's get started!

First goal: Lose 45lbs by December 2014.

I'm looking for some pals whom have just started their journeys as well to share with. Send a friend request if you're interested.

well your goal is certainly attainable!

shoot me a friend request if you want support!

and remember the best place to start is a place you've already been! - deciding you need a change and writing that goal down.

now smile obnoxiously :bigsmile: and do it!
  • maanders
    maanders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And, great job getting started! Feel free to add me if you want.
  • KnickersInATwist
    KnickersInATwist Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and a great target that's well within your reach! You've got this :)
    X
  • britneyrene
    britneyrene Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all....looking to find friends for motivation. I lost over 15 lbs over two years ago by adding friends and logging everyday. I fell off the bandwagon after moving to a new city and beginning a new job as an instructional leader in a large school district. I deleted my friends and didn't log in for over a year. I am back and ready to do the work. This time, I will not let myself slip. I also started a blog. I have about 15 lbs to lose.

Feel free to add me and follow my journey on my blog http://bballinblog.wordpress.com/
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great start. Just remember that getting to your goals will mean you have ups and downs. As long as you keep getting up after a down happens, you WILL get there.

We all occasionally deviate from what we plan for ourselves, we're human. Don't beat yourself up for any slip ups, but just be aware that the slip ups should not be the norm. Face that slip up, accept it and move on from it. Find a way to enjoy the journey.

Good luck!
  • Akiera34
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!!
  • stephanie2029
    stephanie2029 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I love this app it is a great way to keep you on track! Good Luck and I am here if you need a fitness pal!
  • Shutter_bug03
    Shutter_bug03 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. Just joined a couple days ago. I'm ready to do something about my weight as well. I am struggling with cardio because I just had a heart ablation a few months ago and still having some issues with that, but I have been doing some light exercise. Tracking my calories and trying to find better things to eat beside cookies and cake, because sugar calls my name. :)
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    This was me in January. Welcome!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I like your goal because it is so realistic. I am trying to lose approx 25-30 by december and get fit in the process.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request! :drinker:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to do something. Goals are great, but what is your plan of action to achieve that goal?
  • marialynn2014
    marialynn2014 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Same boat as you, I was never ready before. Something just clicked at the beginning of May and I have been rockin' n rollin' since :) I'm on every day, feel free to add if you want a good support buddy. Good luck!!