Jillian Michaels - "Making the Cut"

Options
Hi Everyone! My name is Liz. I am college sophomore at the University of Georgia. MFP helped me lose a few pounds last year but I still have about 20 lbs to go. I bought Jillian Michaels' book "Making the Cut." It outlines her 30 day program to help "drop the last stubborn 10 to 20 pounds once and for all." She gives a daily exercise routine as well as a diet based on metabolic type. I am going to use MFP to track my food and exercise. It seems pretty intense but I am prepared. I am beginning the program on Monday, January 10. If anyone else has done the program in the past, is already doing it now or may be considering it, please let me know of any tips you may have. Also, I would love to have some one going through it with me to keep me on track.

Replies

• moserary
    Options
    I will do it with you! I'm going to go get the book at the library today. I have a deadline that I am working towards - I am going back to New Zealand in a little over a month and I have got 15 more pounds to lose before I reach my goal weight (I've lost about 10 pounds already since I've been here in the States!). Hoping this will do the trick! I'll add you as a friend now. Keep in touch, we can do this together! :)
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oooo this sounds good.... I am about to research and get the book. I would also like to do it with you both. I have about 10 more stubborn and I mean stubborn pounds to get off.
  • lizhawk
    Options
    Great! It takes some preparation so I would get the book and allow yourself a few days to read and shop before you plan on beginning the program. I haven't been grocery shopping yet but it does seem like a bit of a financial commitment. I think it will be well worth it in the end though. This seems like a great plan for people who enjoy cooking and trying new foods. Good luck and keep us updated on how it is going!
  • moserary
    Options
    I'll read through it today and let you know if I still plan on doing it. The great thing about being home is that Mom and Dad pay for groceries! :D

Oh man, unrelated topic, I'm about to post my 'halfway' pic! Eep!
  • lizhawk
    Options
    Just so anyone who comes across this knows - it was a failure. I tried really hard for the first week and I actually lost 3 lbs but it was extremely expensive for the food and the workouts are nearly impossible unless you have your own personal gym. If you unlimited funds and resources, this is a great program, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.