Mio Link and Scosche Rhythm+

Options
_MG_
_MG_ Posts: 453 Member
I'm looking into getting a HRM - but wearing a chest strap is out. I had surgery on my chest in my late teens and I can't stand to have things touch my chest on the scarring.

Two of the monitors I've been researching are the Mio Link and Scosche Rhythm+

Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

Thanks.

Replies

• _MG_
    Options
    Back to the top.
  • _MG_
    Options
    Bump
  • _MG_
    Options
    Dang! No one uses these?
  • amysgottadothisthang
    amysgottadothisthang Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I hope you get an answer because I have a similar issue! Keep me posted!
  • _MG_
    Options
    Dang it - forgot to bump for the West Coast people last night.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I haven't used either of them, but I'd recommend that you check out reviews of both devices on www.dcrainmaker.com
  • _MG_
    Options
    I haven't used either of them, but I'd recommend that you check out reviews of both devices on www.dcrainmaker.com

I did. I like the reviews there.
  • _MG_
    Options
    Last bump (for the West Coasters) before I admit defeat.
  • stephanyah
    stephanyah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the mio link and it has pros and cons. I love the look, it's comfortable, and very convenient without another device to check your zone. However, I have problems with it being accurate with weight lifting - it doesn't like when you move your wrist too much. Also, it disconnects from my iphone constantly while exercising. I have to reconnect it every 5 minutes sometimes while it's right next to my hand. The biggest problem for me is that it will not do calories burned unless you are connected to the app, which if you go on a walk or run without a device, well, you're SOL. I'm keeping it for when I'm using my exercise bike at home and if you use it for cardio at the gym with a device or connected via ant+ to a machine, it can be very nice. I just ordered a fitbit to fill in the gaps a bit though. Oh, and when not lifting it's very accurate about my heart rate.
  • _MG_
    Options
    Excellent. Thank you for the info. In this case I'm looking for something more specific than my FitBit One. I have it on at all times but as I get closer to goal, I really want to get a better handle on my burn. I always work out with my phone on me: Google Play Music, JeFtit for lifting, and if on my bike at home I use Endomondo. I've also just started C25k.

I have more tracking methods than I know what to do with :)

Everything I read though tells me a HRM is the best and most accurate way to go.
  • kamencougarmellencamp
    Options
    Hope I am not too late to the party on this one.

I have had a Mio Link for about two weeks now and am in the process of returning it to Best Buy and getting a refund. It is extremely inaccurate and constantly disconnects from my phone. I will have it basically on top of my Galaxy S3 and it will drop connection. I thought it was the case I had on it so I removed that from the equation and it was just as bad. The Mio GO and MapMyFitness apps will show varying readings and sometimes be off as much as 20BPM.

I have tried to wear it so the sensor was on the underpart of my wrist and it made no difference. Some posts stated it has to be worn about an inch higher than where you'd think you'd have to wear it. That makes it very uncomfortable and doesn't improve accuracy. Switching wrists doesn't do squat either. Also with MapMyFitness I have to click CONNECT a half dozen times before it magically sees it and pairs it properly. Overall it is making my workout a challenge and not in a good way.

My wife bought one the same time as me and had the same problems and tried all of the same things I did to improve it to no avail. Honestly, save your money and look for something else. I was looking at the Fitbit Flex, but that doesn't have a HRM built in to it and a lot of people say that it's only accurate for running/walking. If you like to bike or swim you are kind of SOL with it calculating things properly.
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have just bought the Mio Alph (only got it in the post 4 days ago :) )

So far it seems to be as accurate as my Runtastic chest strap was (In fact, my chest strap lost my heart beat when I was doing areobics which the Mio has not done yet... Im going to be testing it swimming this morning :)
  • wolfbiteaus
    wolfbiteaus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    just got scosche rhythm+, still evaluating. love the arm band and the accuracy. biggest headache was finding apps that worked. couldnt get anything bluetooth working until I hit on BLE debugger, then BLE Heart Rate (HRV) Recorder. I'm a windows, linux, android person and want everything to interact :) investigating best methods and would like to her from other SCOSCHE RHYTHM+ user with actual usage