Warning: I'm Being a Complainer....

Options
blb85
blb85 Posts: 187 Member
Getting super depressed about my weight lately.... I just can't seem to stay consistent with this weight loss. I lost 6 pounds between February and March. Gained in April and May. Then this last week, I had a janitor ask me whether I am having a boy or a girl (not pregnant by the way); and my boyfriend's mom commented last night that my face looks more slimmer with my hair down... Why is this so hard?! I am tired of being uncomfortable in my own skin.

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Well. What are you doing about it? Have to have a plan to follow imo.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    being overweight is hard. maintaining weight is hard. losing weight is hard. choose your hard

just use it. you are in control of your own body, not any pricks who make snide comments about you. dig deep, find your motivation and get to the drawing board (or the gym)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    No one said that it was going to be easy. I have been at it for 6 months and have lost nothing! You have to just be consistent with it and you will see progress. I thought that I was doing it all right. I took a good look at what I was doing, got some answers from MFP members that really helped me, took it all in, reevaluated myself and started over. That just happened about 2 weeks ago and I was the happiest person ever to have just lost 1 lb my last weeks weigh in. I now feel I am doing it right.

Consistency is key, never give up, weigh your food, do not expect to much of a loss, but just the right amount ( for me that is 1 lb a week), and do not worry about what others say. Go by pics, a measuring tape and the way your clothes fit.

Good luck!
  • DDHunnie
    DDHunnie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Girl, I have been there too. When you fall, pick yourself up again and try better tomorrow. Once you start seeing results and feel confident in yourself you will WANT to keep pushing yourself. Love yourself chica, and even though those little comments hurt, the only opinion that matters is yours!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    blunt answer..you don't want it bad enough yet...

If you did you would just do it.

This isn't hard...or it shouldn't be.

My 1 year anniversary for MFP is June 17th and I have yet to be hungry, crave somethign I couldn't fit in, hate my exercise or want to give in.

I have only gone one time period without logging...I was in DR and no wifi...couldn't log.

set reasonable goals,
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Eat your food, don't give up stuff you love/crave...just fit it in. That's it...you live life like you do now with 2 exceptions...you log your food and eat smaller portions.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Well that was pretty rude of the janitor to ask you that. Some bullies asked me the same thing before when I was in high school. There's no shame in complaining every now and then, especially if you have people around you who comments like this!! As long as you keep pulling yourself back up and get back on track.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and maintaining can be very challenging and it's important not to get down on yourself. You're trying and you're doing this for the right reasons to stay positive about it because you've made and important choice in your life.

That being said, I haven't looked at your diary or even checked to see if it's open, but are you being as consistent with your food intake/exercise as you think you've been? It could be that measurements are off and you're taking in more than you thought you were when you inputted your numbers.
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options

My 1 year anniversary for MFP is June 17th and I have yet to be hungry, crave somethign I couldn't fit in, hate my exercise or want to give in.

I have only gone one time period without logging...I was in DR and no wifi...couldn't log.

set reasonable goals,

Eat your food, don't give up stuff you love/crave...just fit it in. That's it...you live life like you do now with 2 exceptions...you log your food and eat smaller portions.

This.

Also, Ignore those rude comments. I know it's easier said than done. It actually took someone telling me I looked "a little chubby" to motivate me to shed a few pounds. Now, due to my new-found love for weight lifting, I haven't looked back since.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You didn't hit rock bottom yet. When you do, you will lose the weight.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I think it gets easier. The first 10lbs came off so fast and then everything kinda stalled a bit. I got serious and made the decision to do this. Just for me!

I still have days where I think , this is going to take forever and you know what, it is because it's my life now, not a fad.

Chin up, suck it up and go for it! Find what pushes you and use it!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Brave janitor!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Comments from people who mean nothing to me mean nothing to me.

Like anything else in life, when you want it bad enough you will make it happen:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

set reasonable goals,

This...

and...

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

TL:DR the link right above this one then ->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Want to lift heavy things?
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Stronglifts Summary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

Stronglifts Womens Group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You can't stay consistent with weight loss. Your body will do what it will do. What you do need to get consistent on is diet and exercise. Pick two things and practice them all month.