Why am I not losing weight?

Options
I feel like I'm doing everything right however, I haven't lost weight in over 2 weeks...
I eat 1500 calories and eat back most or all. Should I not eat them back?
Am I eating too many carbs,sugars,or sodium?
What things should I change?
I've always lost weight and then I get stuck at 155... I want to push beyond that any help you can give is awesome!
I don't want to lower my calories because I find I'm very tired if I go down to 1200..
If there's anything I should do please let me know.

Thanks again for yalls help! xx

Replies

• KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed. Are you weighing your food and logging accurately?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I saw this the other day........(warning, the author doesn't mince words)

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing everything right however, I haven't lost weight in over 2 weeks...
    I eat 1500 calories and eat back most or all. Should I not eat them back?

are you EATING 1500 a day or NETTING 1500 a day?
  • CW101
    CW101 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Great article - sums it all up very well!
  • JennEason1
    JennEason1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1500 calories seems low to me! You might not be eating enough and your body is hanging on to everything that it can for energy. How did you come up with 1500 calories a day?
  • OldChief10
    OldChief10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1500 calories seems low to me! You might not be eating enough and your body is hanging on to everything that it can for energy. How did you come up with 1500 calories a day?
    speechless
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Fantastic!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    no
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options

This is quite possibly... the greatest thing I have read in a while. Bravo.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Ehhh I'd add one caveat to that which is that a two week period is not really enough time to gauge if you are losing weight or not. OP may have lost 2 pounds of fat and just retained 2 pounds of water in a two week stretch.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Ehhh I'd add one caveat to that which is that a two week period is not really enough time to gauge if you are losing weight or not. OP may have lost 2 pounds of fat and just retained 2 pounds of water in a two week stretch.

This ^^

OP, how long have you been losing weight and on average, how many lbs per week? How tall are you?

Honestly, your diet looked low on protein and fat the few days I looked, but the calories looked fine. I would suggest balancing your diet and perhaps upping the intesity of your workouts to see if that will get the scale moving again.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    2 weeks stalls happen all the time. It's normal. It doesn't mean you're not doing everything right. Just give it some time.
  • JennEason1
    Options
    speechless

Do you disagree? Care to elaborate?
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I just took a look at your diary, I see you keep most of the time within your calorie, sugar ect goals but one thing I notice is the lack of vegetables. It is important to watch salt, sugar ect but even though you eat within your calories and you are eating carbs and sugar you will be stuck. I say this because I have done this lol. You can check out my diary is you wish, I try to keep sugar treats or "bad" carbs to snack time and only a small amount :) Yes you should eat back the calories you burned in exercise. If you don't when you do eat your body will store the carbs you ate into fat and the next day when you workout you will burn off what you stored yesterday, thus leaving you in a cycle. It took me a long time to learn through personal experience. Hang in there!!!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    speechless

Do you disagree? Care to elaborate?

What you said makes no sense. Period. You will lose weight if you're in a deficit, even if it's an aggressive one. What you're playing at is the idea of "starvation mode", which doesn't exist. There is adaptive thermogenesis that happens after sustained VLCD (1500 is not this) but that's different.

If you aren't losing over a sustained period of time, which two weeks isn't really a long enough stretch to tell anyway, it's two things. Inaccurate logging or overestimating calorie burns from exercise (If one is using MFP method)
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Hey :) I just took a look at your diary, I see you keep most of the time within your calorie, sugar ect goals but one thing I notice is the lack of vegetables. It is important to watch salt, sugar ect but even though you eat within your calories and you are eating carbs and sugar you will be stuck. I say this because I have done this lol. You can check out my diary is you wish, I try to keep sugar treats or "bad" carbs to snack time and only a small amount :) Yes you should eat back the calories you burned in exercise. If you don't when you do eat your body will store the carbs you ate into fat and the next day when you workout you will burn off what you stored yesterday, thus leaving you in a cycle.

Absolutely not.

Nothing is stored as fat unless eaten at a surplus. I'm consistently over 100g of sugar and eat 300g of carbs and can lose weight if I'm in a deficit. I also eat a majority of these right before I go to bed. Calorie deficit is king of weight loss.

I will say, for health, balancing your macros and micros is an important factor but even if these are off you will lose weight in a calorie deficit
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    OP, I took a look in your diary. 4 oz of chicken is super tiny. Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not, I highly recommend it. At least until you get comfortable with portion size. It looks like you use a lot of measuring cups for solid food, which can be super inaccurate. Here's a good read to help and good luck! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • JennEason1
    Options
    Try eating more "real" foods and less processed foods. More lean meats and veggies and less stuff made on a conveyor belt.
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Try eating more "real" foods and less processed foods. More lean meats and veggies and less stuff made on a conveyor belt.

She could but that wouldn't solve the calorie deficit issue. Which weight loss is reliant on. I think logging as accurately as possible is more important than demonizing foods.