We are not doctors-we just give our outlook

2»

Replies

• filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    One more thought:

To icandoit, your advice is very good; it's obvious you are speaking from experience and because you care. But just because someone looks thin to you in their picture doesn't mean they are thin, or they are happy with how they look. Whether they should be happy isn't the issue . . .

It is important to acknowledge the very real pressures weighing down on the younger generation of women. Cosmetic pressures are only one element. Schooling and career are another huge issue. And, statistically, young people are also sexually active at a much younger age, another element that adds pressure.

I think it's important to give younger people tools to enable them to make healthier choices. Anyone who logs on to MFP is doing so because they need support of some kind.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Thank you, I posted similar to this a week ago and it was just seeming to me that everyone needs to take a step back and really think about what they are doing, for the long haul.

And a little cushion on your hips or being a little soft in some areas is fantastic. women are supposed to be a bit volumptuous (if I spelled that right)! From what my husband and my guy friends men like a little meat on their women, just not a buffalo (unless they are into that :happy: )

Healthy is much better than too heavy or too thin and bones sticking out of every inch of skin is no prettier than blobs of fat hanging everywhere. Eat right and exercise and geez already, not everyone can have an elastic body like Heidi Klum and we all know that women like her have enough money to pay someone to cook and work them out!
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    The advice on here is of course good. I just wanted to emphasize the point that the young people on here who are thin and want to lose even more weight have need for support and understanding just as much as any of us.
  • I have just talked to another member about an issue we have noticed. I have volunteered to speak out. There are a lot of posts about fasting and not taking in calories. Have you talked to a doctor about that. I have. Fasting is not recommended for weight lose. Your body needs the energy to go, and when you deprive is from that, you will go into starvation mode and your body is going to store fat. What good is that doing for you. When you read a posting about fasting for 3-7 days and people just say hey, what do you need to do. The answer is to think smart and not stupid. I understand some do for religion, but they do not starve themselves. They eliminate some but not all. Before you even consider fasting, you had better think hard and talk to your doctor. Fasting can lead to terrible eating disorders. Diet pills?? Why, they are going to help you for the time you take them, then what? You turn back to your old habits. Sounds like a big wasted of money to me. If they really worked, we would all be thin. There is no miracle cure. The only way is making the chose of changing your bad habits to good. It called a lifestyle change. It takes hard work and dedication. If you do that, you will reach your goal.. Goals don't come over night. They come step by step. It also takes the proper amount of calories. You can search as many web site you want, and you will not find one that tells you to eat less than 1000 calories.
    It's time to stop and think......reality check.
    I am also going to say something about these young ladies on here that are 18,19 years old. You show pictures of yourselves, and you are beautiful. You think you are fat and you need to lose weight to get a guy. You health and yourself is far better than that. You think that by not eating you are going to reach you goal. Please. Open your eyes and talk to your doctor and do some research. You are going to end up in poor health or with other serious problems.
    Maybe you also need to look in the mirror and take a close look at who you are. Love yourself. Who cares if another looks at you like you are fat. You should be worrying about what color top to wear with those jeans or what movie you and your friends are going to go and see.
    You don't know what it is like to struggle with weight until you are in out shoes. Believe me, it's not easy, but we are doing it the correct way. We are eating our recommended calories and exercising.
    So before you post another idea on how to eat 500 calories and lose weight or fast or take the miracle pill, research.
    Thank you for your time. I chose to write this because I am not going to lose a friend I met here. She is a true inspiration and she was the first person I met. She knows what she is talking about and I want to keep her here.
    People remember that you are talking about your life here, Your body needs the correct nutrients and exercise. Before you think about surviving on 500-900 calories or fasting, think about yourself and your loved ones. Do it the right way and you will live a healthy life.
    I rather live fat than to die thin.
    Once again, thanks for reading. Sorry if I offended anyone, and I hope it made since.
  • Icandoit,
    You're right on the money. Fasting is NOT good for you or your body. It shouldn't be looked at as a quick fix. Getting healthier and in better shape is a life change and doing it the way we all are talking about brings about a happier and a change that wil stick the rest of our lives. Way to go icandoit. Very wise!:flowerforyou:
    morecatslady