Workout clothes

Options
Where do you buy the majority of your workout clothes? I take classes at my local YMCA and like to walk for exercise so I have a wide variety of workout attire. Most of my clothing comes from WalMart or whatever is on sale at TJ Maxx, but recently I have purchased a few items from Athleta. Wow! What a difference good workout clothes can make. Any other suggestions for good workout attire?

Replies

• craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like to get my capris and pants from target.
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have gotten most of my stuff at Target as well.
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I usually get mine from Marshall's and Target.
  • sarajean04
    sarajean04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has a new line of workout clothes - Goga. They are cute and comfortable (and reasonably priced).
  • angelbabe77
    angelbabe77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also work out at the Y and the classes are great :)..I have just recently started getting my stuff at Academy and I love it.
  • KSML1
    KSML1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has a new line of workout clothes - Goga. They are cute and comfortable (and reasonably priced).

Hmmm... the Athleta brand is also one of the Gap stores (so is Old Navy). Wonder if they are similar in style and quality? Thanks for posting. I will definitely check out next time I am in Old Navy.
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lululemon hands down! And they make your body look great while you are wearing them! Check for a store in your area.
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love the Champion stuff at Target, and the Danskin stuff at WalMart.
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've bought most of mine at Sports Authority, but they are priced pretty high unless you get it on sale. But it does make a huge difference - in fit, comfort and how long the clothes will last. I've been wearing the same clothing for about a year and it still look like new. Mostly Nike tops with built in bras and low rise black pants with the material that keeps you dry. And like some of the other posts, I have also found good deals at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and one more similar discount store...in which I am drawing a blank on right now.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Anywhere there is a good deal! Walmart when their mesh shorts are $3. Target, Penney's, and Kohl's is awesome as well!
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    Nike Dri-Fit pants are AMAZING! Super comfy, don't hold the sweat, and if you buy them a size smaller they make you look really thin! hehe
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Lululemon is awesome, they make amazing pants, as one of best friends say....."lululemons cup your *kitten* better than any man could...."

Otherwise I hit up winners (Canadian version of marshalls)
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    anywhere on sale :bigsmile:

my favorite pants though are the yoga pants from victoria's secret and if they are 2 for 1, that is a nice price!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I absolutely love yoga pants and you can find them on clearance racks all of the time. I love Danskins as well but for Christmas my SIL got me a whole workout outfit from Sears! Super random but I freaking love it! We had a limit of $25 dollars and she got me capris, a tank and a fleece top. So I have to go back there and see what other things I can find!!! :o) Gotta find the sales!
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I use to wear cloth shorts and they were cheap cheap at walmart... i recently bought a pair of mesh shorts from my college that were higher quality and omg i am never going back lol i am going to have to go to academy and try to find some more of this quality or the nike store that is 45 mins away they is also and adias one near it
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I'm an el cheapo when it comes to workout clothes. I typically buy mine at the clearance rack at Walmart.*LOL*

Sneakers and bras, on the other hand are really important to me. I have found that Nikes are my most comfortable and consistant fit, so I frequently buy them on eBay at half the cost they retail for. Sports bras are also internet buys, because I'm big busted and need brands known for that...

Shannon
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I like Kohl's Tek Gear. I usually just buy pants and then wear random beer tshirts. I like to wear the Old Chicago beer tour shirts to remind myself why I have to lose weight in the first place. :drinker:
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I will have to go check them out!