Best App to measure walking and calories burned

Options
Hi All, I currently used Edomondo but has found that it way overestimates the calories burned, sometimes close to doubling them which can lead to trouble when accurately calculating calories. Out of all the apps that link directly to MFP, is there any that comes highly recommended? HELP!!

Thanks!

Replies

• SLP76
    SLP76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm using Accupedo & it seems to accurately calculate my steps. It also uploads the calories burned to MFP every hour and automatically adds them to my diary.

I like the app, I tried a few over a couple of days when I first got my phone and that is the one I preferred.
  • peacheslcg
    peacheslcg Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm using Accupedo & it seems to accurately calculate my steps. It also uploads the calories burned to MFP every hour and automatically adds them to my diary.

I like the app, I tried a few over a couple of days when I first got my phone and that is the one I preferred.

Can you turn it on just for when you want to have a walk/run that counts? I would only like to upload my planned workouts, not have it uploading data all the time.
  • Jollybeard
    Jollybeard Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    MapMyRun correlates well to the data I get from my hear monitor.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I have MapMyRun and links with MFP. You can switch between, walking, running, hiking and everything in between! I love it!! :bigsmile:
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    mapmywalk works well for me
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I like Digifit. Works with my HRM and my Android's GPS, syncs to Fitbit which is then synced here. :D
  • SLP76
    SLP76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think it runs all day, it's like a widget running in the background. You can choose to stop & start laps if you were going out specifically for a walk, but I think it will also work out out your background steps if you're carrying your phone about. I don't notice any drain on my battery.

My husband uses runkeeper and he seems pretty pleased with it. You choose the activity (inc. walking, running, cycling) and then time yourself etc as you are doing it. Not sure if it links to mfp though.
  • peacheslcg
    Options
    Thanks! I downloaded Mapmywalk. I don't plan on ever running, my knees are bad enough :). I'll see if it's more accurate.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later :) good topic, was also using endomondo but the GPS started going crazy on me
  • peacheslcg
    Options
    Bump to read later :) good topic, was also using endomondo but the GPS started going crazy on me

It did the same for me. About twice a week or so, it would log me doing a mile in 2 minutes or so. That's just crazy. I would have to come to the website and manually delete those entries.
  • hellodmo
    hellodmo Posts: 23
    Options
    I have an iPhone 5S, and MyFitnessPal does it automatically for me. I just stick it in my pocket and go.

When I run I use RunKeeper.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am considering an Omron HJ-321 Tri-Axis Pedometer through amazon. I like the fact that I can hang it on neck, purse and it is accurate.. I have a HRM but looking for a simple device that will not drain my cell battery and not to carry cell phone at all times...

I like the simple pedometer idea...
  • klreiland
    klreiland Posts: 14
    Options
    Do Fitbit or the Nike App connect to MFP? If so, how?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do Fitbit or the Nike App connect to MFP? If so, how?

FItBit can be connected under the APPS tab.