5 Ingredient Recipes

Options
I work full time, attend classes at the university, and attempt to spend quality time with my husband and little boy. There are a whole lot of days that I am exhausted so I love the 5 ingredient or less healthy recipes. One of my favorite recipes would be the easy beef stew I make. 1lb extra lean ground beef, box of fat free beef broth, 3 cans of mixed veggies. Sometimes I add rotel and I play with the recipe depending on what veggies I have in my cabinet or feel like eating but it is super easy and I love it. I normally count around 150 cals for a cup. What is your favorite 5 ingredient recipe?

Replies

• rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Some of you may find this website handy:

Throw in the ingredients you have in your kitchen and it'll throw up some recipes that you can make

http://www.supercook.com/#/recipes/All%20recipes
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Great ideas! :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I think I'd go with stir fry. Oil, protein (meat, shrimp, tofu, nuts), and three veggies of my choice. Calories will vary, but as long as I don't go crazy with the oil, it's always a well balanced meal.
  • mredding62
    mredding62 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Delicious Turkey Burgers:

1 package (1.3 lb.) Ground Turkey (you choose either 85% or 97% lean)
    1/4 to 1/2 cup of Sweet Hot Chili Sauce (Magi, Frank's or any other brand)
    1 decent-sized piece of fresh Ginger (approx. equal to half a fist), peeled and ground

Mix all together to make 3 to 5 patties and put in a skillet. Put lid on skillet and cook on med-low heat for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, flip the burgers (there will be liquid in the pan) and continue cooking for another 10 minutes or so. After that, the burgers are cooked so take the lid off the let the rest of the liquid cook off for a few minutes. Burgers will be left with a nice, brown glaze. Absolutely delicious!

Throw a 90-Second Uncle Ben's Rice packet in the microwave or a bag of frozen Steam-Fresh veggies in the microwave and call it supper! :smile:
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump - must try this one
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas!
  • ArwenP
    ArwenP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pizza dip:

1lb lean ground beef, browned (you could add spices of your choice)
    2 cups marinara sauce (I like Classico roasted garlic)
    8oz low fat ricotta cheese
    8oz nonfat cream cheeze
    2 cups low fat shredded mozzarella.

Mix all of the above in a caserole dish and bake in the oven at 350F until all the cheese is melty and it's warm throughout. For 1/8th of the dish, it's about 222 calories and a whopping 26g of protein. I've served this at lots of parties and no one can tell all the ingredients are low fat; it's always a hit.

I guess you would need a 6th ingredient for something to dip into it, but that's not really part of the recipie, so I'm not counting it. I confess I've just eaten it with a spoon and it's great like that too, or smeared on a low cal piece of toast.

If you have some extra energy and aren't afraid of a couple extra ingredients, this is extra good if you sautee some bell pepers and sweet onions in the pan while browning the beef (or mushrooms/olives if that is your thing, any pizza topping works).

Enjoy!
  • MelissaBoquet
    MelissaBoquet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All of these sound super yummy!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Steak, butter, duck fat, potatoes

Fettuccine, butter, parm

Bread, brie, bacon, butter
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Part of my quality time is cooking my kids. They're too little for any real help, but they like it.

5 ingredient recipes

Cashew chicken

Chicken
    Cashews
    Peppers
    Onion
    Rice

Tamale pie

Ground beef
    Peppers
    Salsa
    Cornbread (could be mix if your into that)

Bacon and eggs

Bacon and eggs :)
  • MelissaBoquet
    MelissaBoquet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I laughed with the bacon and eggs :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My favorite side dish:

2 x 12 oz bag of steam-able California blend (throw that **** in the microwave as per the instructions)

In a sauce pan 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup butter, real butter, and put on 4-5 until it barely starts to simmer.

Add 2 oz shredded cheese (I use colby jack, but experiment with more) remove from heat and stir.

Mix cheese sauce with veggies in a bowl and ta da!

The yummiest cheese sauce and veggies ever.

And cauliflower is magic.
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, more flavor and texture than plain oatmeal:

2 1/4 c. water
    1 c. regular oatmeal
    2 Tbsp oat bran
    2 Tbsp flax seed
    2 Tbsp wheat germ
    salt to taste (ok, that's six)