How many calories would this burn?

Options
Hello!
If this topic doesn't belong here, feel free to correct me haha.
I did the first dance routine in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRqMnMdMv3s) as a part of my workout today, and am just wondering approximately how many calories this would have burned. I am new to this website/fitness*, and was hoping someone with a more expert opinion might help.
If it helps, I am currently 20 at 220 lbs
Thank you! :smile:

*not exactly new to fitness. I have attempted weight loss several times in the past, but this is the first time I've tried using a calorie deficit/counting calories/using this website.

inb4 "just buy an HRM": don't really have the resources needed for that at the moment, so I'm just trying as best I can.

Replies

• WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Try using Zumba for your search
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    When I was 185 (at 5'6") , high intensity for me would burn about 10-11 calories a minute, medium about 8, walking (for exercise, not leisurely) maybe 6-7. So I would estimate based on how hard it was (how fast your heart rate, etc.) and multiply probably 8-10 calories times the number of minutes.

Obviously your results might be different than mine, but those were the burn ranges I had based on my hrm at that time!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    There are several options in the database that might work. You could just log it as aerobics or as dancing (there are several different kinds of dancing listed. MFP will figure the burn.. Some folk recommend that you only eat back part of the calories you burn, but I always used the database and ate back all my calories, and had no problem losing weight.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Natalie1825
    Natalie1825 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is all great advice. Thank you so much everyone! :bigsmile:
    Good luck on your fitness journeys as well!