Should I go by gram weight?

Options
AshlynG923
AshlynG923 Posts: 59 Member
My bag of fish says "1 fillet (112 grams)" is 100 calories. When I weighed it out I got TWO fillets in 112 grams. Should I just assume that 112 grams is 100 calories and ignore the "1 fillet" part? I'd hate to accidentally down 200 cals.

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    This is the perfect reason why weighing your food is a good and smart thing. Enjoy your 2 filets. Cheers...
  • AshlynG923
    AshlynG923 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree! Thank you :smile:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup!, grams are the best way to go, I weigh everything but liquids. The "serving size" on the packet is often so off, sometimes in your favour (you get more!) and sometimes completely the opposite.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    If it's possible always use grams.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Yup!, grams are the best way to go, I weigh everything but liquids. The "serving size" on the packet is often so off, sometimes in your favour (you get more!) and sometimes completely the opposite.

So true. I could not believe how much food I was cheating myself out of when I finally got a nice digital scale.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Scale win! Always go with grams! (Especially at the times when it is NOT in your favor - as sad as it may be)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    My bag of fish says "1 fillet (112 grams)" is 100 calories. When I weighed it out I got TWO fillets in 112 grams. Should I just assume that 112 grams is 100 calories and ignore the "1 fillet" part? I'd hate to accidentally down 200 cals.

I measure my food by grams