New to the Site

Options
Hey everyone! I am a mother to three children and have found myself not taking good care of me! I am finally taking the innitative to get started on my goals. Some of you may ask if i made weight loss goals for the new years and the answer is no but I am resolving to be a better healthier me! I remember when i was in high school and I felt fit and did sports but all that went out the window when i finished with high school. I need to be more active and take a vital role in my childrens lives and for me. I am hoping that as I progress that my husband will jump on board because we both need to focus on being healthy. My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes and all the doctors keep telling him to lose weight and it could possibly correct itself and i don't want the same diagnoses! Her is to me and my family for a healthy and happy 2011 and may all of you working on your own goals accomplish all you set out to do!

Replies

• kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on the healthy decision you have made. You will love it here, everybody does. Good Luck with your journey and hopefully your husband will join in as well. :smile:
  • ccummings73
    Options
    I too am new to the site. My wife and I are doing it togather along with some great friends. I have doing it for about a week and have lost a little over 10 lbs. 30 more to go.
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm also new having joined today. Good luck with it all!
  • aavincen
    Options
    Hi! I am glad to hear you and your hubby are in it together. I am still pushing my husband to start....lol. I started on the site a week ago, so I am new as well. If you need a friend on here for accountability/venting purposes I'm here to help! Good luck.
  • jennigiesting
    Options
    Welcome! this is a wonderful site and a great tool to help with a new healthier life style! Good Luck!

and to ccummings 73.....Ahhh you said "great friends" :blushing: