Help! I overate early in the day...

Options
Do I just stop eating for the day? or continue on as if I didn't over eat?

Replies

• meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    what's your deficit? If I do that I don't even worry about it. The worst that can happen is I end up at maintenance.
  • brieskie
    brieskie Posts: 33
    Options
    How many cals did you eat? What are your macro percentages? What is your daily limit?
    Don't starve yourself from now caus then you'll probably over eat later today or tomorrow!
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else- don't stop eating for the day. Cut back on the portions a bit later on in the day if you're going to be way over your budget but it's better to be over a bit for one day than start binging later from starving yourself
  • jenna40_2go
    jenna40_2go Posts: 101
    Options
    Try to get in an additional exercise.... walking or anything will help don't stress one day doesn't matter!! As long as you are down for the week that should be your goal.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    If I accidentally eat way too much early on, I usually try to go get some exercise in so I can earn some calories for later in the day (only eating back HALF the burn though).

If I cannot manage time for the extra exercise, I just ensure I stay within my limit.

Sometimes I go over by a few hundred calories (200 or 300) for the day because I wasn't able to immediately log and check and such. When that happens, I do not let myself get discouraged or worried over it. THAT is what kills most people's diet plans.
  • ElliTree
    ElliTree Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. Log it and move on.
  • fromaquasar09
    Options
    Go for a run.

Eat normally the rest of the day.

Depends on your deficit / how much you ate but you're probably still just at maintenance.

Chill, one day won't make the difference. Learn from it for tomorrow.
  • JennEason1
    JennEason1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    law of averages! you'll be fine, move on and don't obsess!:flowerforyou:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. Log it and move on.

This. If you're hungry, eat something, and don't worry about going over.
  • Gibson1965
    Gibson1965 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I took your advice, ate a sensible dinner and went for a swift walk with my hubby. I'm still over today but tomorrow is a new day and I'll start again. :smile: Your advice was so helpful, thanks again!!
  • fromaquasar09
    Options
    I was over yesterday - log and move on :) I think when we get too scared of the red numbers is when we 1) give up because we think we're failing 2) lie, cheat, miss a day of logging so we don't have to see them, but ultimately we only cheat ourselves when that happens. Acceptance is the best way to stay in for the long game!