Any equestrians?

Options
I want to see who else on here is an equestrian! And not just "oh I rode a trail horse once" because that doesn't count (sorry). I'm talking hunter/jumper, dressage, cross country. I personally do hunter/jumper and actively show with catch rides. Also I always have trouble figuring out the calories I burned per ride, any ideas?

Replies

• hferrel19
    hferrel19 Posts: 13
    Options
    ok I ride too. I own a quarter horse that I do barrels on. On the fitness tracker part, click on cardio. then type in riding or horse and it will come up for differnt things. I have figured out hope this helps.if your loping you just double your time for troting and it comes out right.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    lol
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I ate horse meat in France once...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I ate horse mean in France once...

+10
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

+10

I wish I could get in here in the states..it was good!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

How was it? And are you now an equestrian? She did mention hunting.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

How was it? And are you now an equestrian? She did mention hunting.

Good!

Tour de France riders it eat almost every night. VERY NUTRITIOUS!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

+10

For a while, Ikea was sneaking it into their meatballs. They were delicious.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

+10

I thought Ikea sold furniture.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

+10

I thought Ikea sold furniture.

Apparently they do Build-A-Meatball as well.
  • Stewartsmom1
    Stewartsmom1 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I ride almost daily. I am doing training level dressage and pleasure, trail riding. I did Hunter/jumper stuff years ago. My horse jumps at 3' but, I only jump him over trees, etc, on trails. My riding is one reason I want to drop weight and get fit.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yes! My mom breeds (bred, our youngest babies are almost 3 now) and raises BWP sport horses. I rode regularly for about eleven or twelve years (mostly dressage/flat work, some hunter/jumper/x-country, topping out around 3'), but I'm definitely out of practice, since now I only get to ride when I go home to visit.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I want to see who else on here is an equestrian! And not just "oh I rode a trail horse once" because that doesn't count (sorry). I'm talking hunter/jumper, dressage, cross country. I personally do hunter/jumper and actively show with catch rides. Also I always have trouble figuring out the calories I burned per ride , any ideas?

I hear the horse burns a ton of calories.
  • deliacm
    deliacm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My 6 year old does 3 day eventing and dressage. My motivation for being on this journey is to be able to enjoy the sport with her. At 260 pounds, I'm just too heavy to ride, needless to say enjoy riding with her. She desperately wants to ride down the beach this summer, but the weight limit is 220 for the horses they lease at the local stable. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen this summer :(
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I want to see who else on here is an equestrian! And not just "oh I rode a trail horse once" because that doesn't count (sorry). I'm talking hunter/jumper, dressage, cross country. I personally do hunter/jumper and actively show with catch rides. Also I always have trouble figuring out the calories I burned per ride , any ideas?

I hear the horse burns a ton of calories.

Yeah, the poor horses would end up exhausted - luckily they mechanized the same amount of work when they invented bikes, so it can be just as leisurely for the rider and NO ONE ends up burning any calories! I mean, bikes have wheels, it's just like riding in a car!
  • GetSlimEquestrian
    Options
    Hey guys, I made a group for equestrians: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/23699-equestrians