Something Fun! Things Not Do While Trying To Lose Weight!!!

Options
One of the things I would start with Is never let someone with bad eatting habits tell you how you should eat.

Replies

• cindysess
    cindysess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    never go to grocery store when your hungry:smile:
  • Mogiamby
    Mogiamby Posts: 12
    Options
    Don't (and this is hard) bang on to other people endlessly about your diet. Seriously, no one likes that person ;)
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Don't eat at a restaurant. Especially a buffet place.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Don't (and this is hard) bang on to other people endlessly about your diet. Seriously, no one likes that person ;)

This. I have to remind myself to just not talk about it. Nobody wants to hear about your diet. So i come here and talk at you people about it lol.
  • manimani93
    manimani93 Posts: 12
    Options
    Another is never think about how its going to take lose your weight. It will drive you mad.
  • Ambergrace24
    Ambergrace24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

This. I have to remind myself to just not talk about it. Nobody wants to hear about your diet. So i come here and talk at you people about it lol.

I am terrible at this! Definitely need to work on that more! I guess I do it subconsciously so maybe my loved ones would consider dieting to eh?
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things not to do while trying to lose weight. Basically whatever it was that made you gain in the first place. Over eating and being sedentary.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options

I need that shirt that says "No one wants to hear about your diet. Just eat your lettuce and be sad."
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy running here in 90 degree weather (unseasonably cool for us) in a big black trash bag, with a ratty sweat suit over it. Don't be that guy.
  • Mgypsygirl
    Mgypsygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me:
    -Don't stop trying ever...
    -Eat regularly during the day or you will spend the evening mining for food in the fridge.
    -When shopping stay away from the middle of the grocery store or you will go home with junk calories.
    -Do reward yourself with items other than food. This helps me stay motivated.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Don't eat a million calories one day and hardly anything the next day to "make up for it"
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options

I agree with stay away from the buffet. I will still eat in restaurants though.

Don't stop!!! You can always do something to improve even after you are at your maintenance weight.
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't go around in baggy clothes. As you lose weight, replace as needed. I get mine from thrift shops, to save money. How your clothes feel on your body is a great indicator of weight changes, either way up or down. Baggy clothing adds visual weight to your frame, defeating your efforts to look slim and trim. You don't have to go skin tight, just well fitting.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Don't denie yourself something really good.
    Don't get rid of all of your big clothes. Keep one pair of pants and when you are not feeling motivated put it on. Then see how far you have gotten and how far you can go.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Don't do it for anybody other than yourself.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I agree with stay away from the buffet. I will still eat in restaurants though.

Don't stop!!! You can always do something to improve even after you are at your maintenance weight.

eh I have eaten at a buffet since I started here..quite frequently actually...but I chose the "buffet to go" option. 5.95 a lb...well worth it imo...take it home weigh it out and have leftovers for the next day.

I can't really think of anything except don't stop...
  • Cereal_Snacker
    Cereal_Snacker Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don't eat when stressed and emotional, recognise the negative feeling and find something else to make you feel better/happy. Eating only give you momentary happiness followed by guilt!
    For me taking my dog to the beach helps :-)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Don't go from Dec 31 lying on the couch eating Burger King to Jan 1 working out 2 hours every day in the gym and eating dry salad. You WILL burn out if you do that.

(have seen way too many people try that approach)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Don't punish yourself for going over your calorie limit. You didn't get fat in one day, so just log it and move on.

Don't try to find substitutions for everything you deem to be too high calorie, high fat, etc. Trying to make a recipe healthier is one thing, deconstructing a food until it is only a shell of its former self in order to make it "healthy" is another. It will generally only turn out to be yucky and sad. Just eat less of the real thing and be happy.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Don't set yourself up for failure by expecting quick results, perfect workouts and easy nutrition.

Don't give up the things you love (wine, chocolate or bread) completely. Just scale back and count for them in your daily calories.

Don't let other people bully you into things you are not interested in, classes, food choices, etc.

Don't be afraid to take a break or have a cheat meal.

Don't give up.