A Blender Question.

Options
Right now, I have a really pathetic blender that doesn't do much. So I'm spending a ton of money on protein smoothies because I'm obsessed with them. Payday is Friday, so I want to get a good blender that will make good fruit smoothies. I'd prefer to spend less than $100 on it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If you sign up for coupons from Bed Bath and Beyond...they send out 20% off coupons about monthly.

San :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Right now, I have a really pathetic blender that doesn't do much. So I'm spending a ton of money on protein smoothies because I'm obsessed with them. Payday is Friday, so I want to get a good blender that will make good fruit smoothies. I'd prefer to spend less than $100 on it. Any suggestions?

I was going to suggest Vitamix, then I saw your less than $100 limit.

As someone who just received a Vitamix for my birthday, I would say save up something from each pay period - say $25 - if you can and buy a decent blender. Could be Vitamix or Blentec, you will not regret it.

In the meantime, use the pathetic blender - Rome was not built in a day.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I try to get things like a blender at Costco if at all possible because they have a very good return policy. I think Bed Bath and Beyond has a good return policy too. Be sure to check the return policy where ever you buy your blender and keep the box and packaging in case you need to return it. I have a Magic Bullet. I'm on my second one. Since I got it at Costco, they replaced my first one which broke. I am happy with the Magic Bullet for making smoothies. But if you look on-line at reviews, they don't get very good reviews--break, poor customer service. I like it because it is easy to use, easy to wash, and doesn't take up much counter space. It was about $35-40. I think the Nutri Bullet is heavier duty. I don't know much about it because it came out after I got the Magic Bullet.
  • socajam
    Options
    If you sign up for coupons from Bed Bath and Beyond...they send out 20% off coupons about monthly.

That's true and the OP could buy a Ninja blender.
  • coffeebean330
    Options

That's true and the OP could buy a Ninja blender.

I have a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon in my purse. Haha. I've been looking at the Ninja's. They seem good, but some reviews are so so.
  • megkeage
    megkeage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love love love my vitamix. Its probably a blender that will last me a super long time. Definitely
    worth saving for but my friend got one after I got mine and she said if you
    buy from vitamix directly they will let you do monthly payments when
    ordering thru customer service.
  • KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Can you cut your fruit and veggies into smaller pieces so it's less work for your blender?
    Might save you $100 lol
    Otherwise at Costco in Australia, they sell an excellent Cuisinart one for A$99. Not sure if they have it on your end but on current exchange rates should be cheaper in USD.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja. It was 200+ in Saskatchewan. More than likely cheaper in your area. It has the regular blender and a single serve cup option. I like it. I make myself a smoothie about 5 nights of the week, so I'll probably wear it out sooner than someone who would use it casually.
  • coffeebean330
    Options
    Can you cut your fruit and veggies into smaller pieces so it's less work for your blender?
    Might save you $100 lol
    Otherwise at Costco in Australia, they sell an excellent Cuisinart one for A$99. Not sure if they have it on your end but on current exchange rates should be cheaper in USD.

It's not just fruit that won't blend. I tried blending some sherbet in it recently. It just made a bunch of noise. I do need to check out Costco. Thanks!
  • AnnBassham
    AnnBassham Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have the Wolfgang Puck and it is awesome. I put in 1/2 an Adkins drink, 1 cup of ice and a handful of fresh fruit. This ice is no problem for this blender and I have been doing this for a year now so it's pretty durable. When I make too much I freeze and pretend I have ice cream.
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninji blender. I would find one you like, then wait for a sale
  • socajam
    Options
    I love love love my vitamix. Its probably a blender that will last me a super long time. Definitely
    worth saving for but my friend got one after I got mine and she said if you
    buy from vitamix directly they will let you do monthly payments when
    ordering thru customer service.

I have been wanting one for years, finally go the surprise this year. Bought from Amazon but had to return as the box was open. Looked online and found out that Williams-Sonoma was doing a special with the new Vitamix Professional Series 300 Blender, they were offering:

Limited Time Only! - $50 Bonus Vitamix Container with purchase of any Professional Series Vitamix Blender*

I have been making smoothies every day since receiving my blender, best purchase to date. Also this new blender fits under the kitchen cupboards.
  • coffeebean330
    Options
    I love my Ninji blender. I would find one you like, then wait for a sale

Which model do you have?
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love my ninja blender. We use it nearly daily for the last year now and I did have to replace one part ($25) because it cracked, but IMO worth it completely because we have gotten so much use out of it. Mine came with two single serve cups which we use way more than the main blender because you can portion out easily and then just pop the sippy lid on it and go. Mine is the "mega kitchen series"
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my ninja blender

$100 one:
    http://www.target.com/p/ninja-blender-black/-/A-13037327#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=ninja+blender

if you can spend a little more, this is the one I have, for $140, I love that it has the smaller individual blender cups, use it all the time
    http://www.target.com/p/ninja-professional-blender-with-single-serve-blending-cups/-/A-14263758#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=ninja+blender
  • ronmatta
    ronmatta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try a hand blender for smoothies around $40
  • mindi37
    mindi37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja and I love it. The one that I have was only like 40 bucks. The motor goes on top of the blender bowl. It makes the best smoothies ever. I have been using it every day for a few years and it still works great. It is a great price and makes restaurant quality smoothies.
  • KhatLady
    KhatLady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also have the Ninja with the individual cups. It does pretty good, but I'm not as enthralled as the pricetag indicates I should be. The blade base is hard to clean because it's difficult to get in to some spots. I also had a big problem with graphite or whatever it is dropping out of the base and leaving black flecks in my smoothies - I had to train myself not to flip the lid over anywhere near my drink. The blades/lid also have a tendency to unscrew and leak if you have to do any serious blending, leaving a sticky mess in the blender base which is hard to clean and makes the "on" mechanism stick or become harder to engage.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent blender, but these aren't things I expected to deal with. I would have been fine with using my immersion blender but my husband can't be deterred from buying crap once he decides he needs it.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    i have a regular blender but i use a Hamilton Bebe for shakes and smoothies. it is supposed to be for making baby food but it makes perfect smoothies! and it is small so i leave it on the counter. i use it at least 4 times a week.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Try a hand blender for smoothies around $40
    Sorry, not good enough, can't handle seeds and fibers. I have a Nutribullet, not sure about prices in the US though.