Which veggie burger is best?

Options
PearlAng
PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
I would like to purchase veggie burgers, I've had a few good ones in the past, but I'm curious to see what others think.

Which ones have a good taste/texture, little to no crazy or weird ingredients, made with real foods, not super expensive, etc.

Thanks!

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    all veggie burgers are made with real foods...

anyway Gardien is the best imo or Yves the good veggie burger
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    all veggie burgers are made with real foods...

anyway Gardien is the best imo or Yves the good veggie burger
    Hmm, sounds good. And true, all veggie burgers contain food, therefore they're edible, but I have a slight intolerance to artificial sweeteners, and while it's not a super big deal, I try not to eat them too much
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Gardein makes a great product. I'd also recommend any of their chik'n products.

Oh another good brand is Quorn.

They're also really easy to make yourself and you can put in what you like, they freeze well.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I make my own veggie burgers....I've used black beans, lentils, etc. There are a lot of recipes online, just pick one you like :D
  • santiagojorgem
    Options
    i hate to admit this but burger king has some tasty veggie burgers
  • Mgypsygirl
    Mgypsygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I make chic pea and black bean burgers, personally I don't like the frozen ones! I have tried Boca and Morning Star. If you have trader joes they make a decent one. Have fun!
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love morningstar spicy blackbean burgers! Around 100 calories for a single patty.
  • tombetlej
    tombetlej Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I really like GardenBurger's Malibu Burger and MorningStar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Burgers.
    They're thicker, juicier and a lot more flavorful than Boca
  • ducks424
    ducks424 Posts: 7
    Options
    I like the black bean ones
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the Morningstar Farms chipotle black bean burgers recently as well. You can get a box of 12 at Costco. We've also made and enjoyed Thug Kitchen's black bean and spinach patties (http://thugkitchen.com/post/51231911542/next-time-someone-tells-you-to-eat-more-veggies). Fair warning, though, there's quite a bit of swearing in these recipes, so if that upsets you, don't go there.
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would rather make my own but I do buy them for when I don't have much time. I get Dr. Praegers - Califorinia Veggie Burger and Morning Star Farms - Grillers Vegan.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I like the Boca Burger. I tastes like it's off the grill.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Dragonfly if you can find them.
    Organic and all natural ingredients.
  • MadCountyMama
    MadCountyMama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The Chipotle black bean burger at Costco is really good - and I am a total meat girl!! IMO It is not really a replacement for a burger though. I had it at a friend's house and we made a quesadillas. Awesome!
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I really really like Hilarys Eat well. There are a few different types but make one with tomato, lettuce, onion, and avocado! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • rachelklewis3
    rachelklewis3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love Morning Star's Roasted Garlic and Quinoa. They are also the only vegan veggie burgers that they make to my knowledge.
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I get yves veggie patties but I wish I could find something with less sodium in it.
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like Morningstar Farms Big Grillers and Boca pizza burgers.