no weight loss :(

Options
Its been six days but I didnt see any change in scale... :sad:
I am 28, female, 5'4'' and 231 lbs. I am taking less than 1000 calories daily and walking 30 mins moderate pace and 30 minutes stationary cycle mod. pace...

Please tell me am I doing it right?

Replies

• baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No, you are most certainly not doing it right. 1000 calories and below is way too little. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

Also, 6 days is not nearly long enough to gauge progress. Weight loss is not going to be instant gratification; it will be a drawn out process that takes work and time. Good luck OP.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is too low, have a look around the forum and there are literally 1000's of posts saying why.

One week is too short of a time, weight fluctuates and even if the scale went up or down a couple pounds...it means nothing. Read the forums, find a calorie goal that gives you a reasonable deficient, weigh ALL foods and record accurately, MFP over estimates exercise so maybe try eating about 50% of those calories back. Plus getting active helps your fitness. Browse the forums, tons of info just on page 1 of general tonight, should be easy to find.

Give anything you try a month to notice results. People here like to say you didn't gain it in a week, why would you lose it it one.
  • AnumSattar
    AnumSattar Posts: 13
    Options
    thank you! this was really helpful!! :smile:
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Its been six days but I didnt see any change in scale... :sad:
    I am 28, female, 5'4'' and 231 lbs. I am taking less than 1000 calories daily and walking 30 mins moderate pace and 30 minutes stationary cycle mod. pace...

Please tell me am I doing it right?

If you're not in the habit of the stationery bike you can put 2kg of water on in your muscles just from shocking them into action. It's a good investment though - because over time that shock will die away.

It just is a bit depressing looking at the scales and thinking you've got nowhere. You haven't got nowhere. You've lost the fat. You just have masked that loss temporarily.

PS 1000 cals is pretty hard. :p
  • AnumSattar
    Options
    Thank you :smile: I think you are right my muscles must went into shock.. :huh:
  • MrsTaraDStringer
    MrsTaraDStringer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is way too low, 1200 calories is said to be the lowest amount a adult female hold intake, anything under that is classed as starvation mode x
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Please work out your BMR & TDEE!!!

This will then tell you how many calories to consume a day, Enter your activity level too!

Eating below your BMR is not good! Once you eat more calories, I am sure you will see a drop in the scale.

Keep up the exercise!

Well done
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You need to fuel your body if you are working out. Please eat more and log everything.

A week is not long enough to see a change. Wait a few days. Your body is getting used to the changes and most likely you are retaining some water.

The scale is a heartbreaker. Take measurements and pictures. Take it slow. Don't over think it.

Good luck!
  • AnumSattar
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for such nice comments!! your words motivated me a lot!! :happy: