A Blender Question.

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Nutribullet does a nice job for those quick shakes (I use with my protein shakes) but I have owned the VitaMix for a few years now and it was worth the money in my opinion. I have a few friends that have the Ninja and swear by it and the price point is much less than the VitaMix but I have never used the Ninja.... Best of Luck
  • tanyaelise
    tanyaelise Posts: 28
    Options
    I have an Oster blender. Just one switch on/off/pulse. It looks like a beehive. I love that thing. A friend had one in her rental unit and it lasted thru that abuse so I know they are sturdy. It pulverizes ice... no chunks. You can find it on amazon for around $50.
  • coffeebean330
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice! I really do appreciate it. I'm thinking I'll go with the $99 one at Bed Bath & Beyond. Mainly because it sounds good, and because I have the 20% off coupon. The idea of saving sounds good, but I'm hopefully going to be moving abroad next year, so I could always get a better one then.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I know this probably doesn't help you because of the cost, but for the VALUE...Vitamix is the way to go. I bought mine to make baby food. Said "baby" is now 15 and I'm still using the same Vitamix almost daily.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    isnt' the nutribullet like $100 bux?
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    If you sign up for coupons from Bed Bath and Beyond...they send out 20% off coupons about monthly.

San :)

That's true and the OP could buy a Ninja blender.

Oh the Ninja is goooooood!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ninja's are good if you want to stay under $100.00 but I would suggest a Vitamix, I absolutely love mine!! But mine was $400.00 so it is a little pricey but I got mine from QVC and they almost always have them on easy pay, usually 5 or 6 payments so it would be around $70 or $80.00 a month, but there is no interest. This might work for you too, since you don't want to spend a lot right now. You can do anything from chopping, smoothies, any kind of nut butters from just nuts, also do soups but I haven't had any luck with soup as of yet, I think I am too picky when it comes to veggies. Good luck!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have an Oster blender that I love. I got it at Walmart for 20-30 bucks and have had to two years, use it exclusively for smoothies, and it's wonderful.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have a variant of the Ninja Master Prep food processor/blender, with one large and one small container. I've been quite pleased so far. I was a little dubious about its having the motor on top, and only one speed; but it's worked well and been easy to clean.
  • coffeebean330
    Options
    I have a variant of the Ninja Master Prep food processor/blender, with one large and one small container. I've been quite pleased so far. I was a little dubious about its having the motor on top, and only one speed; but it's worked well and been easy to clean.

Is it one of the pulsing ones? I originally looked at those.
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options
    NutriNinja, about $80.
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options

I have that one too, I love it ! I use it for smoothies and much more.

I suggested the NutriNinja as it's made for smoothies. You make them in the same to-go cup as you drink them from.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

I have that one too, I love it ! I use it for smoothies and much more.

I suggested the NutriNinja as it's made for smoothies. You make them in the same to-go cup as you drink them from.
    The NutriNinja looks a lot like my Nutribullet. I like the design and how easy the parts are to clean.
  • seasonsanna
    seasonsanna Posts: 53
    Options
    Save up and get a vitamix. You can order refurbished ones from the website at a deep discount, they come with 5 year warrantees and handy dandy extras. We've had ours for 7 years, still kicks *kitten* with no problems, plus they hold their value really well, so if you ever wanted to upgrade you could sell it and get a nice chunk of money to put towards a new one.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Love my Ninja. Look online and you can get it without all of the additional accessories. Mine for approximately $150 came with blender, two cups, mixing bowl and 3 or 4 blades.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer the small one serving blenders. You can throw both the blade and the cup(s) right in the dishwasher. I hate cleaning blenders, I also hate the space a big one takes up. The single serving blenders are as strong as the big ones. I make a protein smoothie with huge chunks of frozen fruit and it blends great. I've had it a couple of years now and with every other day use, no problems. Plus it's under $100.

http://www.target.com/p/nutri-ninja-pro-blender/-/A-15124275#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=blender
  • mindi37
    mindi37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The one I have is also the Ninja Master prep. Its great and everything goes into the dishwasher.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Right now, I have a really pathetic blender that doesn't do much. So I'm spending a ton of money on protein smoothies because I'm obsessed with them. Payday is Friday, so I want to get a good blender that will make good fruit smoothies. I'd prefer to spend less than $100 on it. Any suggestions?

I was going to suggest Vitamix, then I saw your less than $100 limit.

As someone who just received a Vitamix for my birthday, I would say save up something from each pay period - say $25 - if you can and buy a decent blender. Could be Vitamix or Blentec, you will not regret it.

In the meantime, use the pathetic blender - Rome was not built in a day.

+1
    I have a a Blendtec and it is superb. Best investment I made in a long time! You can get them refurbished.
    Stef.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    NutriBullet. I LOVE mine!!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    If there is any way you can save up and get a Vitamix do it. Nothing compares.