Is the Fitbit Aria Scale WORTH the money???

Options
He everyone! I was just wondering has anyone bought the Fitbit Aria scale? If yes...how do you like it? What is your opinion on it? Is it worth the money?

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I just bought one today so I can't tell you much other than mine gave me fits trying to get it connected to the internet. It's extremely nice cosmetically, the display is very cool. I don't know how accurate the bodyfat% is but I like having a rough idea and it was quite close to what I got doing the military measurements.
  • pangepange
    pangepange Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have the Aria and love it. I use it every morning at around 6am to weigh in. I don't concern myself with the daily fluctuations, but I use trendweight.com synced with my data to track the trend over time. I like that it keeps me accountable. With my old scale, if I didn't like the number, I wouldn't log it, haha.

It's a gorgeous scale. I have the black one and keep it out on my kitchen floor.
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love mine. It is pretty. But it goes right to fitbit and myfittnesspal. I like to weigh daily and this is a very easy way to do it. Plus it remembers a bunch of different people- it is neat. Necessary- no, but cool technology if you have money to spare.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I love mine. It is pretty. But it goes right to fitbit and myfittnesspal. I like to weigh daily and this is a very easy way to do it. Plus it remembers a bunch of different people- it is neat. Necessary- no, but cool technology if you have money to spare.

I set mine up and got on to check it out and it went straight to MFP. Since I'm a daily weigher I am going to have to turn that feature off! :happy:
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Got one at Christmas and it is the best gift I ever received. All my weight is recorded automaticly. Now I am trying to work on body fat % since I lost 50 lbs.
  • Kibby710
    Kibby710 Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow! Thanks fr the advice! I think I may get it! :) I like the idea of it automatically syncing to my fitbit and MFP!
  • BallBerin
    BallBerin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Adore mine, but I got it as an Amazon Warehouse deal and didn't pay full price for it. I think I'd probably have bought it full price if I had to, though, and still wouldn't have regretted it.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    The BF% seems a bit off for me, but I like it, it autosyncs and I use Trendweight.
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't know about the Aria, but I love my Withings scale!
    I weigh myself daily and it sends my weight to myfitnesspal for me automagically.
    I really NEED the accountability of daily weigh ins so I can see if I am starting to slide on my exercise and eating!
  • woolfman72
    woolfman72 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am with everyone else. I love the fact it logs automatically for you. I also weigh daily. I am pretty good with technology and mine was a pain in the rear to get it to connect to my network. Tried doing it on my phone and 2 different laptops before i finally got it to work.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love our Aria Scale. Syncs weight, Fat% for both my wife and me to our FitBit and MFP accounts. I also use TrendWeight and Google Spreadsheets to track weight, activity, Fat%, BMI, etc. I'm a bit of a data nerd/geek. See my blog for what hardware and software I use to track my health and fitness: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/2013/12/using-self-monitoring-and-data.html
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love our Aria Scale. Syncs weight, Fat% for both my wife and me to our FitBit and MFP accounts. I also use TrendWeight and Google Spreadsheets to track weight, activity, Fat%, BMI, etc. I'm a bit of a data nerd/geek. See my blog for what hardware and software I use to track my health and fitness: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/2013/12/using-self-monitoring-and-data.html
  • Kibby710
    Kibby710 Posts: 9
    Options
    How is the general accuracy of the weight....Is it different every time you step on it like the one I currently have!
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have not had that problem, but it is sensitive to where you stand on it. It will change tenths of a pound if you're not careful to stand in the same place twice.....
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    If it keeps you on track, yes it is. Just bear in mind it's not a necessary tool for anyone and at the end of the day it's more or less just a tool to give you added motivation. The functional aspect you can do without it.
  • mcdowellster
    mcdowellster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got mine a few days ago and it's awesome. Adjusting my settings though was a bit of a pain. There was no way in hell I'm 39% body fat hahah. After adjusting to athletic (I workout 5 days a week) It was 26.9% body fat... felt a little high still. This morning I stepped on and it says 14.6% which is pretty close I'd say as I do have some abs sticking out along the sides of my stomach. Hopefully I can use this trend to finally get below that all crazy 10%.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Not to me!!

I got an Eatright Precision Plus scale for much less. It's wonderful. I got on and weighed myself, picked something up that I knew weighed .7 pounds and got back on. It registered the same weight plus the .7 pounds. Good enough for me!!
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and it sends my weight to myfitnesspal for me automagically.
    I really NEED the accountability of daily weigh ins so I can see if I am starting to slide on my exercise and eating!
    I've got the Withings one as well and I love it. Had for a few years now and have absolutely no complaints.
  • newyorkmo
    newyorkmo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've got the Withings one as well and I love it. Had for a few years now and have absolutely no complaints.

I also have the Withings scale and love it! Aria is the same idea I think.