Doing your hair after a morning or evening workout (ladies)

Options
13»

Replies

• ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    After a morning workout is easy because I just jump in the shower afterwards and to my thing to get ready for work.
    When I worked out after work, I didn't care about my hair too much - came home showered, blow dried (no curling) and that was that.

This summer, I don't want to deal with my hair. I sweat too much on the scalp and keeping this hair looking decent during the hot, humid summer days is a losing battle. Braids are for me!

I wanna do braids, but I'm afraid of the damage. My hair is quite fragile.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Nah
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This issue once actually kept me from working out hard...I'd try to buy more time with my hair style...it takes so LONG to properly dry because I have long thick hair. I get a keratin once every 3-4 months and now that the weather's warmer it's a bit easier but I sometimes alternate days washing my hair...gross as that sounds...otherwise I'll wash it with the keratin shampoo and conditioner and put a hair primer product in, then dry....after 40 minutes the look is solid.
    Now that I'm working out 2 1/2 hours a day I sometimes alternate still (I know it's gross) pinning up my hair in the shower or if I'm really tired and I need to wash I'll only blow dry my bangs. Sometimes I'll only wash my bangs. I had to make a choice to sacrifice perfect hair for having the body I want.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I keep my hair short in a style that you can 'finger dry" so it is super easy. This is a good thing because I'm always a sweaty mess, especially the back of my neck, and need to wash my hair after every work out.
  • rgf95
    rgf95 Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Nah
    Completely agree! [Yes - I Know it says 'Ladies' but some topics are irrestible :laugh: ]
  • rgf95
    rgf95 Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Nah
    Completely agree! [Yes - I Know it says 'Ladies' but some topics are irrestible :laugh: ]