Calorie burn tracking Device

Options
Hello Everybody,

I currently have a BodyBugg and its great. The only downside is having to wear the device on my arm. Everytime someone touches my arm in that spot they ask me about it, and im self conscious and don't want to state that im losing weight. So more often then not I only wear the device on the weekends to avoid the embarrassment. So wearing it 8 days a month and paying $8 bucks a month in the service..doesn't seem worth it.

Is there any good devices out there that don't have a continued contract to use the product? Im wanting a device that I can wear and have it accurately(or somewhat accurately) track my expenditure. I don't need a calorie consumption tracking as I use MFP for that. There are many devices out there(Garmin, Fitbit, withings, polar loop, jawbone ect...) Another request is for something that can look natural and avoids questioning.

thanks!

Replies

• mountaindewbass
    mountaindewbass Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one which I love ...I do a lot of walking so its great for me
  • greenraquel
    Options
    Hi - I had the bodymedia fit and dealt with the same issue - I hated all the questions so I wore sweaters all the time. I also didn't like that my arm would get a rash from it sometimes. I checked out a few comparisons and although the fitbit isn't as accurate, it is only "off" by 100-200ish calories burned. I have the fitbit one and I love it - I just clip it on and no one sees it. I actually wear it more than the bodymedia device.
  • chadwick175
    chadwick175 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit flex and love it. Just check out the website it has a ton of good info
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Fitbit one. No contracts. Just clip it on your belt. Mine goes on my bra strap and it stays on tight. But i dont think you wear those so clipping it to your belt would probably work :smile:
  • niftylibrarian
    Options
    I love my fitbit one and read an article recently that said it measured calorie burn more accurately than other products on the market so that made me feel great about it!
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have the Nike device (can't remember the exact name, it looks like a jelly bracelet) and I have a Body Media Fit armband (strapped to my arm as you described)

I have to say that my BMF is so much more accurate and detailed - I enjoy it much more than any of the bracelet type (My mom has a fitbit and a BMF, she does not like the fitbit for the same reasons i don't like the Nike one.... not as much info, if you move your arm it considers that activity when you could just be a hand talker)

People poke at my BMF, they ask me if it's for diabetes, I tell them it tracks my calorie expenditure and normally that sparks interest and they end up wanting one. If weightloss is important to you, don't let others opinions of something you have on your arm get in your way. This journey is for you - enjoy it and use whatever tools you want to find success.
  • pprmntpatty
    pprmntpatty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I each have Fitbit Zip's ~$50 on sale, no monthly bills.
    We love ours and take them off only when we sleep.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Keep the BodyBugg because its the best device on the market, and work on getting over your insecurities instead.
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I use all Mapmyfitness line and also for my calorie burn watch with heart-rate monitor.