Treadmill help! Keeps saying 'LUBE BELT'

Options
Hi
I just recently got a used treadmill in fairly good shape, so far i run maybe 5-6 times/wk for 60 mins for both running/walking for cardio and weight training for warmups/cooldowns and the treadmill keeps displaying "LUBE BELT" on display and i just recently lubed it with silicone oil, maybe about 50 ML or so, does anybody have this same problem? its a horizon treadmill, i really hope someone can come up with some good advice because i'll like to keep this until winter anyways, i run outside in the summer but would like to keep this until then anyways, thanks

Replies

• DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Have you tried googling the product for an online users manual, or to see if others have reported the same issue?
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Use some KY. And be gentle with it.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    its a horizon treadmill
    35d9qu0.gif
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    There is a product called Lube-N-Walk that I used to use that worked well. It's an oil type thing that you put on a long sponge of sorts that you can slide under the belt. It kept it moving really well.
  • girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yah i googled it and its a discontinued model so its hard to find the manuals but i did find some tips on how to lube the belt but i wanted to ask how often does one lube a belt? i just lubed it and already its asking me to lube it again and ....more often than not, it wont let me press anything until i unplug, lube, plug it in, then it still says lube belt, how often does one lube a treadmill...?
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Huh huh huh huh... you said "lube".
  • girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    NM they say every 6 months or 150 miles of usage, but maybe i'll just find some videos instead, maybe i'm not doing it properly...thanks tho