PORK CHOP HELP!

Options
aliciagrace89
aliciagrace89 Posts: 31 Member
Ok so i normally make some UNHEALTHY BREADED PORK CHOPS! Well with a new healthy lifestyle, i just cant do that. Does anyone have any good recipes for Healthy Pork Chops, Preferably Baked?!

Thanks, Alicia

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I bake them with a bit of apple juice (just to cover the bottom of the pan -- you can use water to reduce calories), surrounded by sliced apples. I sprinkle salt, pepper, and cinnamon over everything. It is amazingly yummy. I even make it for company!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I bake them with a bit of apple juice (just to cover the bottom of the pan -- you can use water to reduce calories), surrounded by sliced apples. I sprinkle salt, pepper, and cinnamon over everything. It is amazingly yummy. I even make it for company!

That sounds absolutley delish :-)
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Last Week I made an orange marmalade glaze on my pork chops. You can do a search for recipes with glazes, such as that. I just cook it on the stove with some seasonings, make the glaze and put on top.

I also just used the Paula Deen Sun Dried Tomato Marinade... I know..... Paula makes it sound unhealthy, :laugh: but actually it is low-cal and is delicious. I marinated my chops for about 30 minutes (you could do however long) then I just put them on the stove. Next time I will bake them though. :happy:

I also do a light breading if I do bread. Just 1/4 cup of crumbs min. and add some Parmesan cheese and parsley.
  • cjnorman
    Options
    My husband browns the pork chops a little. Then sautes some onions to be a little brown. Place the Pork chops on top of the onions add some prunes and a little water. Put a lid on and let it cook over low heat for about 30 mins. Sooo good. We use to use apples instead of the prunes but the prunes hold up to the braising much better.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Oh, and sometimes I put them in a crock pot with a low-cal BBQ Sauce and Pineapple. Sounds odd, but my we love it and it makes my husband very happy! :heart:
  • MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    I make a cajun spice "rub" and bake them with that on them. You can probably find a simple recipe online...I think I use cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and a couple other spices.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I freaking love pork chops! I take mine rub them with a little olive oil, sprinkle lightly with garlic salt on either side and put them on a pan covered in aluminum foil at 380 for 30-40 minutes. SO GOOD!!!! Tender and juicy!!! :o)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Pork chops are my favorite... I normally grill them or cook them in a pan, I never use my oven for cooking meat.

This time of year I like it this way...

Rosemary
    Onion
    Garlic
    Olive Oil
    Salt
    Pepper

Take the rosemary and pluck all the leaves off the springs until you have a handfull of leaves.
    Dice the onion small
    Finley chop the garlic

Pile that all together and pour on some salt.. take your knife and chop it up for a minute or so... put it in a bowl with the Olive oil and make it into a paste... rub the pork chops with the paste and sprinkle on the pepper.

Put it in a hot pan, with a little more olive oil in it. (Optionally you can deglaze the pan with some white wine and make a nice pan sauce to go on your starch)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Bake as normal just without breading and put on a plate with veggie of choice, rice and add this sauce over the rice and pork:

Apple sauce (I actually use apple baby food to be completle honest)
    Curry powder (to taste)
    Heat on stove until boiling/almost boiling
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I brown mine a little (no oil( then lay them on top of my tomato casserole thats made using a tin of tomatoes with strips of red and green peppers, sliced onion and sliced mushroom mixed together with a little cayenne and black pepper. Cover and cook for about 30-45 minutes until the tomato mix is thick enough to eat with a fork without juice going everywhere. Used to serve it with mashed potato but now serve it with baked sweet potato.
  • AngieP91
    AngieP91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use a grill pan. Lightly coat with olive oil, minced garlic, salt & pepper and herbs. Sometimes I do grill seasoning, sometimes I use Herbs De Provence, etc. Depending on the sides I am having with it will determine what type of herbs I use. But the first 4 ingredients stays the same. I cook them on medium high heat 5-7 minutes on each side to get it crispy around the edges, then turn the heat down to let it cook all the way through. Very tasty.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I buy thick preferably bone on, and marinate them in hevily salted nd sugared apple cidar vinager for about an hour. Then sear them in a cast iron skillet. Sometimes ill braise them in apple cidar with some grilled onions on top andd a whole lot of pepper.
  • aliciagrace89
    aliciagrace89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow all these sound really yummy!!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I made some pork medallions the other night that were AMAZING! One serving of pork came out to about 300 calories. If your chops aren't boneless, I think you would need to remove the bone.
    Preheat oven to 350
    I took the pork and pounded it thin. I had a bowl of flour, bowl with egg and 1tbs water, and bowl of bread crumbs. Each bowl had a teaspoon of creole seasoning mixed in it. Dredge chop in flour, then egg wash, then in bread crumbs.

In large oven proof sauce pan, heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil, add chops and cook until first side is golden, about 2 minutes. Turn the pork chops over and put in oven. Bake for 3-4 minutes, until thermometer reads 150. Cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
    In another pan, I melted 1/4 cup butter, and let it begin to brown, once browned I added a little more than a teaspoon of lemon juice. Once that is warmed,I poured it over the cooked pork chops.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Wow all these sound really yummy!!

I love posts like these, I get ideas too!
  • RMKnight
    Options
    I actually made pork chops last night, and they were good. Buy the center cut pork chops, cut thin, boneless. Take french fried onions and smash them up in a ziplock bag, and toss the pork chops in the bag and shake them up. The juices from the pork chop will be sticky enough for the "breading" to stick. Put the chops on your broiler pan, and bake them at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 mins. The onions are crispy, and the pork chops are juicy..
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just had to bump this so i could look at it later ;-)
  • theholtie
    theholtie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh, and sometimes I put them in a crock pot with a low-cal BBQ Sauce and Pineapple. Sounds odd, but my we love it and it makes my husband very happy! :heart:

How much pineapple do you use? How long do you cook it.? This sounds really good.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I bake mine in bbq sauce, but I don't think thats any healthier.