Nervous much?

Options
___Synnamin
___Synnamin Posts: 30 Member
So tomorrow is a big day for me seeing as I will be going back to the doctor's and I was wondering if I could get any advice so that I can stop being so nervous?

I have many questions to ask that I was too afraid to ask before.

I am overdue on a pulmonary test (which was scheduled back in 2011 but wrongfully taken from me due to the fact that I got cut off from my medical insurance), mind you I have been sleeping without an updated CPAP machine since 2006.

I have concerns about Diabetes (if I am or am not), they've did blood work and tested me many times and claim that I do not have it but I have a strange feeling i'm in that zone.

I want to be accurate that I am diagnosed with Restless Leg Syndrome instead of thinking I have it by what symptoms I read off WEBmd. Which terrifies me because I've heard the medications may lead to Parkinson's disease and after watching documentaries on YouTube about Parkinson's I've done nothing but cry for 24 hours straight.

I also have a knee problem in what started out as the left knee and now is in both knees. Some days I'll be in pain after an hour of walking or after exercising i'm in pain..either way I'm in pain.

I suffer from headaches daily and have been asking to see a neurologist for the longest but doctors keep insisting I take "tylenol" for it. I extremely hate medications unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Normally, I am a happy person but thinking about these things listed above including other things has caused me to be depressed.

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need another doctor!

make sure your CPAP machine is doing it's job, that should help some with headaches. if not, go to a neurologist. I have many of the symptoms you describe but have not taken the meds for the RLS. didn't even know I had it til my sleep study, so why take it if it doesn't bug me?

you have to be your own health advocate so insist on what you think you need. if the CPAP isn't working correctly, that can contribute to the headaches.

good luck!
  • ___Synnamin
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am trying to take this more seriously now.
    I kick a lot in my sleep with my left leg. I was tapping last night in both legs (switching from left to right) and it triggers the pain in my right knees so now I'm just like wow.

Help me. Lol.
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How 'bout some medication for anxiety? LOL Just kidding….sorta. In all seriousness, even if you DO have EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of those issues listed they can all be managed. Stay off YouTube and WedMD, they will only serve to increase your anxiety.

Make a list of all the issues you wish to speak with your doctor so you feel prepared going into the appt. If he/she doesn't listen, find a new physician.

BTW, I have restless leg syndrome (along with a host of other autoimmune issues) and you may want to have your iron level checked. I was very low and just taking an iron supplement has helped the RLS immensely.

I would also second the recommendation about getting your CPAP checked…when did you last replace your mask? If it is not fitting properly, it may not be delivering enough oxygen, which will lead to poor sleep, increased anxiety, etc. Good luck to you.
  • ___Synnamin
    Options
    Just an update: He ordered me a sleep study . He had me do an EKG and blood work today. He's really nice and passionate (the same doctor my mom has).

As far as my Cpap I explained to him that it has been outdated since 2006 . I would need a whole new everything.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    What good does worrying do for you? It will be what it will be. Just know that no matter what happens, you'll feel better after your appointment! I think it'll either be "okay, now I know what I have to deal with," or "oh that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought."

Good luck.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I think you're thinking about it too much, so much so that you're just looking for something be wrong.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I think you're thinking about it too much, so much so that you're just looking for something be wrong.
    This. Sounds like your doctor visit went well and you feel good about your relationship with him. So listen to your doctor, not WebMD and youtube. Especially when it comes to interpreting your bloodwork results.
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It does sound like you might have an anxiety problem above and beyond anything else. :) Don't worry, I have one, too! Clearly you need to see a doctor, but maybe you should bring up anxiety, especially if you're feeling depressed on top of it. The more you stress about things being wrong, the more physical ailments you will cause yourself. ..the more you make your mind think your sick, the more sick, miserable and in pain you'll become. I think (but I'm not positive) that its a real phenomenon.
  • psycheready
    psycheready Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds just like me. I've got a touch of hypochondria and I worry so much about getting something terrible, that I get so stressed out that I end up making myself sick. Sounds like you are doing everything you need to do to stay healthy. That's all you can do. In the meantime, I'd gently suggest you spend as much time as you can doing relaxing activities- meditate, take a nap, go for a slow and pleasant walk, or go see a movie by yourself. Pedicures work too :) Stress is not good for us, so take care of your nerves first. Hang in there. You're gonna be ok!
  • ___Synnamin
    Options
    Yeah he's stated that I might have had an anxiety or panic attack. I would freak out over a lot of things.
    Especially over my mother.
    I'm trying to "live" more. I'm not a "going to the club" type of person.
    I just like designing clothing, taking walks, watching movies, etc.
    I try to do a lot to get my mind off things.
    I went shopping the other day, figured "hey , I need some health stuff" so I came back home with a scale, a new jump rope, and almost bought a new pedometer but I didn't want to go over my budget lol.
    I found that stretching until i feel a little pain in the back of my thigh helps the pain in my knee go away...temporarily...
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I actually went to the doctor yesterday and managed to remember, and have the guts to voice all of my concerns. I'm pretty happy with all of the tests my doctor has ordered for me and now just hoping everything comes back alright. Best of luck to you!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Any doctor who tells you only to take Tylenol for your headaches is not getting a complete view of your suffering.

From a person with migraines, I would suggest you keep track of your headaches and symptoms of them. This will help when you do go to a neurologist. The neurologist will most likely want a scan to rule out other problems in your head.

Items to note when headaches occur:
    Anything you ate
    Which side or what location the headache occurs
    How long it lasts
    Any vision impairment? Auras (like rainbows around your vision), tunnel vision or a feeling of blindness
    Any skin tingles (my mom's thumb will feel "asleep")
    Any nausea? (ETA)

so I'm not saying you DO have migraines but you may have Chronic or Cluster headaches.

Also, lack of oxygen as other people mentioned can give you bad headaches. (So can cleaning products, stress, etc).

Web MD is the worst :(
  • ___Synnamin
    Options
    Thanks.
    This was actually a reminder that I was supposed to be charting all of that.
    Since I'm most handy with my phone than keeping paperwork, I'll start a spreadsheet and record all of my symptoms from my headaches.
    I have Google Drive so I can transfer my information and spreadsheets on my phone to my computer.